Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

What is your longest flight in the NGX?

Did BIKF-LZIB way back with the old NG, parallel to real NE frame delivery, four NGs flew KBFI-BIKF-LZIB on IVAO. In the NG prolly something like BUD-STN. I am not sure I ever left Europe for Turkey or Norhtern Africa with the NG.

EVRA-LOWI

757 miles.

Yes, I'm not a fan of long haul flights.

But I think I might give KBFI-EVRA a shot some time.

Longest for me was KBFI-ENGM on a delivery flight. 3965nm as the crow flies with close to zero payload. Still had about 3-4000 kilos of fuel left in the tanks if I remember correctly!

Daniel Walton

I'm not admitting to making any .cfg tank capacity edits, but last Saturday I flew KBFI-URSS in the N920DS repaint. ;) Flightplan distance 5414nm, flightplan ETE 12+19, burn 63,600 lbs.

(2,034 lbs to alternate URKK, 2,973 lbs for 45 minute reserve, and 1,893 lbs on the extra line for a total ramp fuel of 71,000 lbs. Pretended to have no payload and an empty weight of 99,000 lbs for a takeoff weight of 169,500 lbs.)

-Tony

Longest so far is 749nm for a KLAX to KDEN flight. My next flight though will be 1,261nm for the KDEN to KIAD portion of the trip.

If I am not mistaken, I've heard that the NG longest regular flight is MPTO-SUMU, made by Copa.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Ksea to Ksfo - 2 hours. Any longer and I am bored rigid. That is without pausing, leaving my desk, time accel and doing nothing but concentrate on the flight.

5 hours Auckland to Port Moresby.

Similar from Perth to Sydney or Broome to Sydney.

We have some large distances in my part of the world. Short haul is still an hour here.

My longest flight has been EDDT to KJFK (about 3700NM). I only can remember that I had to reduce the load and got in trouble nonetheless because of quite heavy head winds and I had to use my reserve fuel a bit.

Fortunately it's a sim we are talking about and there was neither a paper trail nor the need for a 'carpet dance' in front of a chief pilot necessary as Capt. Dave would have pictured the resulting actions.

Regards,
Axel