Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 1/26/13 - P.I. Nesting Spot

Not sure what "nesting" has to do with this, but some of us are old enough to remember this series about a Private Eye that was filmed in Hawaii. It was considered a "Magnum" hit at the time.

I am assuming this is where he lived at the time.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Not sure what "nesting" has to do with this

Because Rick, as I recall, the estate was called Robin's nest! Named for Robin Masters the famous author that no one ever saw.

Steve

I guess that's it. I had forgotten about Robin Masters. I think it's neat that someone came up with this for an AOTD. I can't remember the last time I thought of this show.

I haven't done any searches, but I'll bet there are many places like this scattered around the islands.

Remember Elvis in "Blue Hawaii"? Some good scenery there too.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Could somebody please remind me? Was this Robin guy supposed to represent Moore, the popular author?

I liked the sports car, but Selleck was far too tall; it was always hilarious to see his head sticking out over the windshield. :lol: And I say that as a very tall guy myself. B)

Flying over the abandoned Bellows Field. I often land here anyway, just because I like it.

Magnum_01_zps3e07fca6.jpg

The "Nest" - as I remember it, the main house with the Dobermans was in front by the highway, and Selleck lived in the guest house on the beach side.

Magnum_02_zpse5d4e6ef.jpg

Beached at Makai Pier, off for some cold ones. I am sure that Magnum P.I. would join me for some. B)

Magnum_03_zps77e5e2c0.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

After picking this one up, I flew up to Bellows and tried to land going through that arch. The Cub's left wing clipped it, I spun around, and plopped right down. That's one way to do it, I guess.

This was indeed an interesting target. One of my all time favorite TV shows, I still watch the reruns now and again. There was some speculation that Higgins was really Robin Masters but I don't believe it ever came out? APOLLO, ZEUS, heel! I did a water ski landing and take off from the estate.

Steve