Sign in to follow this  
Brett Nicholls

Not in Database

Hi All and a Happy New Year. First post for 2013.

Yesterday I tried a flight from Redcliffe ( YRED ), Queensland down to YMLT in Tasmania. When I tried to program in YRED the FMC came back saying Not in Database . So is the Database set up for only airports that the 737 can be flown from. When I Googled Redcliff and had a look at one of the websites (Flightstats I believe) about Redcliffe, it looked like big jets flew from there. I think that must be a generic picture for the website. Looking further I found you can only run aircraft up to 5700kg so that

counts out the 737. I have probably answered my own question. Only applicable airports are in the Database. True or False.

So is the Database set up for only airports that the 737 can be flown from

It's not in the database because Navigraph did not program it.

Only applicable airports are in the Database. True or False.

False. If Navigraph does not have any data on the airport, the airport is not included in the database.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

False. If Navigraph does not have any data on the airport, the airport is not included in the database.

Not much data to be had! CASA do not even list it in their chart list, the only "procedure" I could find was a requirement to be not above 1000' during circuits so as not to climb above the 1500' base for the controlled airspace above. YBBN is VERY close by. YRED appears to be a GA type airport only ( checkout the freeware FTX version )

One question: Why would you fly a 737 from a runway that is so short that a Beech Duke has trouble getting out of?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Regarding Navigraph:

You'll find plenty of airports listed in you FMC you would never consider even to fly in as even an emergency landing would give almost no chance to walk away from a B737. The database is a multi-purpose one and only adapted to PMDG’s file format as it is done for other add-on suppliers, without looking for the performance data of a certain aircraft type.

Unfortunately I have no idea about real world criteria for airports being listed in several aircraft types, including the B737.

Regards,
Axel

Well, I had a similar problem Flying to Jo'burg.... FAJS... and found out that in the NGX the code for Jo'burg is FAOR..... :Confused:

but I could not find the reason behind this, because I use Navigraph updates for other Addons aswell (FSC) and there FAJS is correct..... also the nDac from Navigraph the charts are under FAJS.

any suggestions how i could change that in the NGX database?

FAJS has changed name to FAOR, there was a Notam from FAA or similar about this. It is correct in the latest Airac cycle from Navigraph but the charts are not updated.

23.png