Sign in to follow this  
3Green

China flies Xian Y-20 transport for the first time (Jan 26th)

Haha, what is it's range about a few trips around the pattern? With all the things they can make you would think they could but a high bypass engine on it.

The ol' C-17 Globemaster knockoff. Gee what will they think of next??

Chris Sunseri

The ol' C-17 Globemaster knockoff. Gee what will they think of next??

The fact that if you're trying to meet similar requirements with similar technology you're probably going to end up with a similar design in the end? Is the 777 just a 767 knock off?

I bet they don't use those engines when it gets to final production.

Matthew Kane

I wonder which kind of avionics they are running. And does it feature conventional controls or some FBW architecture and things?

Besides, China is really setting up a pace on their expansion.

Besides, China is really setting up a pace on their expansion.

Quality over quantity.

China = Quality, LMAO, not in this past century

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

How many countries has that been said about in the last fifty years, who subsequently got their act together? That day is coming.

Comments on here appear about as arrogant as the perception that the Titanic could never sink. It is easy to laugh at China today but that could change in 10, 20 and 30 years from now.

USA was at one time a mighty industrialized nation but that has changed. China is getting better and better at becoming the next industrialized nation. All it takes is more time. I wouldn't criticize that nation or any other nation that is in development at the speed they are working on things.

This one is still a Research and Develop project and won't represent what they produce in final production. Looks like they need to start developing their own engines and not use stuff from Russia.

A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective.

-Sun Tsu

Matthew Kane

I didn't say they couldn't change, I just said in the past century they have not been known for quality work, this does stand true.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I didn't say they couldn't change, I just said in the past century they have not been known for quality work, this does stand true.

No worries mate...It's all good.

Matthew Kane

neither was Japan, then a couple world wars came along and they realized that they needed to step it up.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2