Sign in to follow this  
3Green

China flies Xian Y-20 transport for the first time (Jan 26th)

history of the world has always shown that the torch passes on....

Alexander the Great

Roman Empire

Holy Roman Empire

Ottoman Empire

Persian Empire

Byzantine Empire

Han Dynasty

British Empire

Russian Empire

Mongol Empire

etc

China has been a great dynasty in the past and an early nation to develop medicines and nutrition, many of the reasons why their population is the largest today, they made things sustainable centuries ago while the rest of the world lived in the dark ages.

Matthew Kane

The problem today being that they cannot sustain their population at all. Their economic power is also foreign which shifts every 10-20 years, if China wants to keep its current place in the world as a superpower they will have to adopt major changes, and so far I have yet to see any. Rising fuel costs, labor costs, and poor product quality are killing their business, also the fact that companies want to create more jobs back at home for tax breaks and local economic boosts, the next economic shift is coming soon, and China I suspect is going to get hit hard.

Think I am full of s**t? Look at economic records over the years, then read the reports about key factors in products, this will lead you to the same conclusion. Japan went through the same thing, however their attention to detail and product quality has saved them, their push into other countries where they manufactured locally to cut shipping and tax costs also played a major factor. China has no wish to create jobs in America by manufacturing in America, this will be a part of their downfall.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

The problem today being that they cannot sustain their population at all. Their economic power is also foreign which shifts every 10-20 years, if China wants to keep its current place in the world as a superpower they will have to adopt major changes, and so far I have yet to see any. Rising fuel costs, labor costs, and poor product quality are killing their business, also the fact that companies want to create more jobs back at home for tax breaks and local economic boosts, the next economic shift is coming soon, and China I suspect is going to get hit hard.

Think I am full of s**t? Look at economic records over the years, then read the reports about key factors in products, this will lead you to the same conclusion. Japan went through the same thing, however their attention to detail and product quality has saved them, their push into other countries where they manufactured locally to cut shipping and tax costs also played a major factor. China has no wish to create jobs in America by manufacturing in America, this will be a part of their downfall.

Im no economist but i think you hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Think I am full of s**t? Look at economic records over the years, then read the reports about key factors in products, this will lead you to the same conclusion

I think you make a very good point

I can't think of any nation without its problems and overpopulation will be the biggest challenge for everyone as we move forward. Yes for China they are at the forefront of that challenge. This is why I said they made things sustainable for themselves centuries ago and that has led to a population boom for them today.

One thing about this planet is land, they are not making anymore of it, in 50+ years the problems are only going to get much worse over time.

Also I have no idea how the Economy is supposed to right itself as right now the only thing that seems to be working is Australia and Canada's continued exportation of natural resources. For the rest of the world it has been a wild ride for everyone.

Matthew Kane

What you will soon see is Brazil become a world economic power, and manufacturing jobs coming back to America (this is already happening). The US buys more goods than any other country in the world, it makes sense especially with high import tax rates and fuel costs to move manufacturing to your major export country. China wants to control everything in their country, this is a communist ideal, and it will lead to their economic downfall, many US companies are on the verge of moving manufacturing either back to the US or to South America where they can get a better profit margin and better quality.

If China wants to compete they need to change 2 major things...

1. Product Quality has to be on par with either Japanese or American standards

2. They have to allow their businesses and labor to move back to American soil to increase revenue and profit margin

The likelihood of number 1 changing is moderate, and its dependent upon how much their business suffers due to poor quality and labor costs. Number 2 likelihood of change is minimal to almost non-existant, and again this will be a critical factor in China's economic downfall. Japan faced the same issue in the 1980's they succeeded because they saw what was coming, and took direct action, they are still an economic power because of 2 things, and those 2 things are China's problems listed above. Want proof? SONY, SAMSUNG, TOSHIBA, HONDA, MITSUBISHI, TOYOTA they are considered top name brands, and they all have factories and distribution centers all over the US, yet they are Japanese companies, Japan got it right, the formula is there for success, China is either too arrogant or incompetent to see it.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Looks much smaller than a C-17. I can not help but think of this (probably because I drive by it 5 times a week).

mtWOsga.jpg

Chuck Biggins

how big is it really, and who is making it? is it the Chinese government?

~Remy

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

What you will soon see is Brazil become a world economic power, and manufacturing jobs coming back to America (this is already happening). The US buys more goods than any other country in the world, it makes sense especially with high import tax rates and fuel costs to move manufacturing to your major export country. China wants to control everything in their country, this is a communist ideal, and it will lead to their economic downfall, many US companies are on the verge of moving manufacturing either back to the US or to South America where they can get a better profit margin and better quality.

If China wants to compete they need to change 2 major things...

1. Product Quality has to be on par with either Japanese or American standards

2. They have to allow their businesses and labor to move back to American soil to increase revenue and profit margin

The likelihood of number 1 changing is moderate, and its dependent upon how much their business suffers due to poor quality and labor costs. Number 2 likelihood of change is minimal to almost non-existant, and again this will be a critical factor in China's economic downfall. Japan faced the same issue in the 1980's they succeeded because they saw what was coming, and took direct action, they are still an economic power because of 2 things, and those 2 things are China's problems listed above. Want proof? SONY, SAMSUNG, TOSHIBA, HONDA, MITSUBISHI, TOYOTA they are considered top name brands, and they all have factories and distribution centers all over the US, yet they are Japanese companies, Japan got it right, the formula is there for success, China is either too arrogant or incompetent to see it.

I'm sorry but how is American quality any better than China's? Volkswagen reduced the quality of the Golf's they sent to the USA because the "original quality" was overkill.

Drive a Jeep, Christler, Dodge, or any other American car and they are no better than driving a Great Wall. The G8 was such a huge hit in the USA because even Australian (Holden) quality was better than the US product quality (GM)...

Has the 787 not been rushed out? Teething problems? I don't think so....

Here in Aus if you see "Made in the USA" you stay clear just as much as if it said "Made in Taiwan"....

You want Quality you look for made in EU (Germany, Switzerland, Netherland, Holland... etc). Simple.

China = Quality, LMAO, not in this past century

People laughed at the Japanese and then the Koreans and look where they are now.

I'll take a Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, Boeing, Lockheed product any day over something made from China when it comes to aviation. You can not really compare the auto industry to this.

Last time I checked, GM (an American company) owns Holden. I think the GM/Holden/Pontiac G8 was a POS also. All motor and no chassis. Americans love RWD big motor cars no matter who makes it. Slap the Pontiac name on it and the diehards will scoop them up. The quality you saw in Australia did not make it over here. Maybe that's why they no longer import it. Since the auto recession hit, American car manufacturers have rebounded in a big way and have really stepped their game up (and that's coming from a Euro car guy in the U.S).

Chuck Biggins

vdubbin,

The comments about China vs USA's quality in general, not just aviation is what I was commenting on. Yes GM does own Holden, GM also ownes OPEL, yet OPEL is miles ahead of Holden and GM in quality.

The pontiac was built here in Australia and shipped over to the USA. The quality we get here is exactly what you get in the US.... Crap! I had one lol :huh:

Some state over there purchased a whole lot of Holden Caprice as trooper cars so they still do like them over there...

If they have stepped up their game, it's about time! The 300c doesn't even have IRS!

I guess I'm just tired of hearing US this US that. We are the world!

America does quantity not quality. The reason why American manufacturers are moving their plants back to the USA and South America, is because the cost of manufacturing in China has increased. The cost of labour in China has increased.

I can assure you that these large American corporations will look into South America before North America.... B)

I think the reason you hear so much of US this and US that might have to do with the US having the largest economy in the world (for now). Due to its size the influence far exceeds any other single country. I was just somewhat trying to stay on topic and keep it aviation related. Technical industries like aircraft and jet engine manufacturing will never leave here because they know the quality is better here. Boeing tried it on the 787,they are moving much of the sub-assembly manufacturing back to the U.S. where they have better control of the quality. Much of the problems on that program are from overseas manufacturing of parts and doing too much outsourcing (the lithium battery and electrical conversion systems are made in Japan and France so Boeing is not a fault there). You're right the teething problems on the 787 are just that. Anytime someone attempts at making anything revolutionary there are going to be problems (Airbus had their fair share on the A380).

Making rubber dog poo in Cambodia however is a little different.

US corporations will go where its cheaper. If that's South America than so be it. Like Australia we have high morals and laws that value a liveable wage.

Why would a corporation pay $20 USD an hour for the same job someone can do for less than $10 USD a day?

This is how free enterprise works.

Edit: I searched for automobile IRS and only got Internal Revenue Service search returns. Whatever it is maybe it's just something we do not value here so Chrysler (now owned by the Italians) does not offer it.

Chuck Biggins

<br />The comments about China vs USA's quality in general,<br />

The Comments about China vs USA or anyone else vs USA at this point moving forward is moot

I guess I'm just tired of hearing US this US that. We are the world!

I agree with you (and I am American)

The two nations that are making things work right now (especially per capita) are Australia and Canada.....Good to live in either one at this point.

For me I live in New Zealand and we are doing fine....Just fine :LMAO:

Matthew Kane

Before disparaging Chinese capabilities check the small print on the back of your consumer devices to discover where they were made.

Fools, you are all fools! Poland will soon take all of you over, you will all have to wrestle with the complexities of Polish grammar and Polar washing machines. Joking aside I read an interesting series of articles in The Economist recently about changes in offshoring. Starts here if anyone's interested: http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21569572-after-decades-sending-work-across-world-companies-are-rethinking-their-offshoring

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)