Sign in to follow this  
Boeing_Driver

How to increase details in the distance?

Sorry to be so dense, but where do I find the entry for Fiber Frame fraction setting?

You'll have to add it manually in the [Main] section

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=X.XX

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Try adding this to you fsx.cfg it will sharpen your scenery, check though that it doesn't start giving you any simmers.

[Display]

MipBias=6

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

MipBias=6

Woooooo! Do you have a link to documentation on this, or can you tell us what the number means?

Thanks.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Mip bias ill try that

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

use fiber frame fraction setting to 0.20 to help load textures around you, combine that with a radius of 5.5 or 6.5

Er... the default fiber frame fraction is 0.33, so using 0.20 will not help with loading textures around you: it will tell FSX to spend LESS time loading textures and hence cause even more blurries...

Try adding this to you fsx.cfg it will sharpen your scenery, check though that it doesn't start giving you any simmers.

[Display]

MipBias=6

This is similar (or maybe even the exact same) to changing the LOD bias setting using Inspector. It does indeed make things sharper but it adds shimmering... I tested with this last november: see this topic (including screenshots):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/391709-lod-bias-clamp-vs-allow/

In the end I reverted to not using this option at all...

Er... the default fiber frame fraction is 0.33, so using 0.20 will not help with loading textures around you: it will tell FSX to spend LESS time loading textures and hence cause even more blurries..

Correct

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip