Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

777 Flight Deck videos

Since the team are obviously too busy to make videos, or just don't want to, thought I'd share this guys videos. He's a 777 Captain that does some pretty cool stuff.

http://youtu.be/dqQb0qH1Zto

I like his A300 cockpit videos as well—there aren't too many high-quality classic Airbus cockpit videos out there! It is refreshing to see an Airbus being flown by a yoke.

Nice video! Does anyone know why the crew change from VNAV PTH to FPA just prior to touchdown? Happens at 6:51 in the video.

Does anyone know why the crew change from VNAV PTH to FPA just prior to touchdown? Happens at 6:51 in the video.

Perhaps VNAV PTH was not providing FD cues consistent with the PAPI indications, and setting a fixed flight path angle descent was more convenient to the pilots? I am not familiar with approaches involving FPA and VNAV PTH, so I am not sure.

The FD pitch bar tells them to pitch up and fly level (depending on the coding of the approach but looks like it's at the missed approach point at 1nm which would make sense as they are just under 300ft agl) which is not what you want to do so instead of turning off the FD bars they select a pitch mode that will keep a constant angle to the ground (should maybe even have been selected earlier?)

(should maybe even have been selected earlier?)

I think this is why I got confused, they changed it at just above 200 ft radio alt, that does seem a little late. Thanks for the reply.

This will be us SOON!

That's the attitude! (-;