I just to a quick look at the Hardware guide that was recently posted. For my CPU (I7-2600K@ 4.6GHZ) the guide recommends a GTX560 or 660 GPU. I am currently running a GTX480. Am I likely to see any significant performance boost in FSX to justify the cost of the upgrade? Thanks in advance.

NAX669.png

Check out this comparison: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/518?vs=660

The GTX 480 is roughly on par with a GTX 570(Unfortunately GTX 480 is not available for comparison) and better than a GTX 560, so don't swap to a 560 or a 560 Ti as this would be a downgrade.

The GTX 660 is less power hungry and might perform marginally better but probably not enough gain to be worth it in my opinion when looking solely at FSX. If you went up to a 660Ti you would start to see a slightly bigger performance gap though.

Your GPU is no slouch. It might be power hungry and run a bit hotter than the newer cards, but if your performance is ok I'd probably hold out on an upgrade.

Thanks for your response. It's amazing that a GPU that I've had for 2 or 3 years is still serviceable. No point in spending the money if I don't have to.

NAX669.png