Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Sound Click Found

The dirty little bugger is in the file named "rpm3". As you know, each sound file is repeated over and over, giving the illusion of constant running. The beginning and end of these files have to "match" in the wave form, or you get the click. I was able to fix the clip by removing some of the beginning, and a little off the end. I have a home studio, and this is easy for me, but would be a bit of a job with something like Audio freeware... what has to be cut is very very small... nano seconds really. I would post this fix, but Carenado has the copyright on the file.

Also, the "startup" file is about 2.5 decibels "louder" then the "running idle" engine.

at any rate, as I posted in another thread, if the author of a freeware TCM ISO-550 engine set gives me permission, I will offer another (engine only) sound set that you can drop in with little fuss.

Any free wave studio software will either try to eliminate clicks. Or you can do it manually. For example at the beginning the wave rises from the neutral point. At the end descends to the neutral point. In between look for cliff faces. Cut them out by matching equal levels either side.

The Author, Gary Jones, gave me the green light.

Give me a couple days, and I'll have something up soon.. and I'll post a You tuber of the sounds with the plane.

Vol; Yep, thats how you do it.!

The Author, Gary Jones, gave me the green light.

Give me a couple days, and I'll have something up soon.. and I'll post a You tuber of the sounds with the plane.

Vol; Yep, thats how you do it.!

Good news, bring it on!

Rgds, Shaun