Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

A couple of X-Plane shots

Sometimes, I use it at night, but during the day there is a slight shimmer with HDR on, that I dont care for, so most of the time, I leave it off.

Rob

Gotcha, thanks for the info...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

The spinning propeller and sunset lighting effects are gorgeous in the second screen shot! The churning water and snow-capped mountains are also an interesting pair.

Commanche what resolution are you running at and how fast is your machine?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Commanche what resolution are you running at and how fast is your machine?

I'm running at my monitors native res of 1920 x 1080.

My new processor is a core i7 3770k.

Rob

Beautiful shots, Rob. Lighting, angles, detail. Simply wonderful.

Scott

Great shots!..and...this is one of the biggest reasons I am an xplane convert. My computer usually dies in some fashion every 2 years-and I am just unwilling to go thru the process yet again to reinstall FSX, and my hundreds of add ins that require going to websites that haven't been visited for years, digging up forgotten passwords, loading a series of patches in the correct order, then getting serial numbers and activations, permissions etc. Last time it took me over a month to get back to normal and I actually find doing taxes more pleasurable.

Xplane-I'll just drag the folder from my backup drive onto my new computer-and all will there and running in a matter of minutes...like the old days before the windows registry made life hell.

You just made me decide to get the XP 10 localised version for $29.00

Simply gorgeous

You just made me decide to get the XP 10 localised version for $29.00

Simply gorgeous

the North American version includes: North America and Hawaii....it's great for people that don't fly to Europe/Asia/etc.

Very nice shots....

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Great shots!..and...this is one of the biggest reasons I am an xplane convert. My computer usually dies in some fashion every 2 years-and I am just unwilling to go thru the process yet again to reinstall FSX, and my hundreds of add ins that require going to websites that haven't been visited for years, digging up forgotten passwords, loading a series of patches in the correct order, then getting serial numbers and activations, permissions etc. Last time it took me over a month to get back to normal and I actually find doing taxes more pleasurable.

Xplane-I'll just drag the folder from my backup drive onto my new computer-and all will there and running in a matter of minutes...like the old days before the windows registry made life hell.

100% with you on that Geof. Have just gone through that painful process myself with all my FSX stuff, took days and i'm still not finished. I remember when I first used X-plane ( i think it was XP8) i realised after using MSFS for so long I had absolutely no idea how to install scenery or aircraft into it. When someone on the .org told me how simple it was I didnt believe them at first. "What? Just move it into the folder? Thats IT???"

@Rob - Spectacular pictures mate. Glad you got the PC up and running again.