Sign in to follow this  
craig89

US & Canada Scenery

Hi Everyone,

I've just started flying online in the US & Canada after never really venturing out of Europe. I've purchased GEX/UTX and looking for airport scenery - any recommendations?

Really into flying Southwest 737s and American 757s etc.

So any good payware or freeware anyone recommends for airports in the US/Canada and Hawaii would be awesome!

Let start with quebec province then western canada.

http://okad.ca/cvq/scenes.php

34 airports and 3 cities has been produced as freeware. Plus several landmarks. A special mention for CYQB V3 which is payware quality.

CYRQ also between Montreal and Quebec is also a recent and outstanding one.

Add Flytampa payware recently published http://www.flytampa.org/cyul.html and your all set for this portion of Canada.

There are many products for western Canada like Orbx pacific north west, northern rocky mountains and.

Fsdt payware airport for vancouver.

Don Grovestine airports at http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?JS=TRUE

Pierre

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Can't go wrong with Flytampa stuff. Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, Tampa Chicago Midway and Seattle are all top notch in looks and performance plus the bonus is you get the FS9 version as well.

FSDreamteam's KLAS McCarran is great, and I think that's a major Southwest hub, and they also did various Hawaiian airports (including PHNL), but I don't have them, so I won't comment.

Also, there's agreat freewPierre's thoughts on ORBX, but be aware that 1) You'll need their "area" addons (i.e. PNW, PFJ, CRM, NRM) as well (at least in order to experience all scenery features), which will be a huge download size, and it's gonna be expensive, and 2) Even though they did some airports that are capable of handling aircraft to the size of 737s or 757 (only Ketchikan, Jackson Hole and maybe West Yellowstone come to my mind; Skagit may be capable of handling BBJ flights, though), they mostly did GA airports, that won't even allow bizjets. If you consider taking a look into low and slow flying, I highly recommend ORBX.

Regards,

Flo

As mentioned, the Quebec airport (CYQB) and Quebec City freeware are really really good. I live there and it is really impressive.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedback, going to go ahead and download the freeware and purchased a couple of the FlyTampa sceneries as well as a couple of FS Dreamteam's.

Is definetely really enjoyable exploring this - new to me - part of the world in the simulator...

There is also quite a number of addons from a Swiss company called Simmaddons, They have some nicely done Canadian airports. For aircraft the size you mention they have Halifax, Ottawa, Prince George, Kelowna, Winnipeg.

Eric

P.S. I am not affiliated with Simmaddons, only a fan