Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

RC4 File Extension

Ron,

I did not reinstall RC. I used your first method. I will wait till I hear from you before do what you suggested in your last message.

I was thinking the other flight plans were made using Flight Sim Commander which if your not familar with it allows you to save flight plans in their format and FSX format. I believe the last flight was one I had created with FSX flight plan and had saved awile back. Could that have made the difference?

Bill

Ron,

I created a flight plan using FSX CYXJ to PAHN the same flight that didn't work using the plan created by Flight Sim Commander. I flew the flight and saved through RC several times. The rcd files were created for each save. I loaded a couple of saved flights through RC and they loaded. The problem seems to be with Flight Sim Commander created flight plans. I don't expect you to address this problem. I can just create flights with FSX.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

Bill

We had one user who tried to load an FSC native plan into RC which will not work. Only the FSC exported FS9/FSX version will. I am also not sure but I recall possible FSC only gathers data from the FSX add-on folder for add-on airports. You can place add-on airports in any folder and as long as their location is in the scenery library (which creates scenery.cfg including those location paths) they are available in FSX. RC's scenery rebuild uses the paths and priorities set via the scenery library (scenery.cfg) from which to extract airport data. If FSC does not operate like this you could have your FSC exported plan data not in sync with FSX and RC for airport data.

There have been quite a few threads here started by FSC users with problems using RC. As explained above RC uses whatever data is entered into scenery.cfg. paths in order of scenery.cfg priority.