Sign in to follow this  
glsimpilot

Pro Flight vs Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals

Considering the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals vs the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals. Understand the Cessna version is slightly more expensive but the pedals design seem like they would suit me better, I also have some real-life Cessna/Piper experience so I'm drawn to them. I would use them for general and combat flight simulation. Just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of for one over the other, other than the price.

Can we make this a three way comparison and throw the Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals into the mix?

Have you thought of these?

I have the Pro Flight Rudder Pedals and was wondering if there would be any advantage in going to the Combats?

The Pro Flight Rudder Pedals are ok but feel pretty light weight under foot even with the drag turned up fully.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I've got the Combat ones. They feel nice and sturdy. I've got the resistance wound up to max, which feels about right. But I lose the shoes when I'm using them to get enough feel. Might get used to them with shoes come winter... I didn't bother with the extra pesos just to get a Cessna label on them. I didn't want the pro flight as I didn't want the cup for the heel - that just doesn't seem right.

that just doesn't seem right.

Thanks Mike.

Yes I find I slide my heels on the floor and push on those heel cups with the balls of my feet.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I can confirm the Cessna product range is MUCH better than the Pro Flight range, believe me, I've used both. The Pro Flight range are unreliable, bad quality products. The Cessna yoke especially, is a huge improvement over the Pro Flight yoke: much more precise, and much much smoother. Conclusion, go for the Cessna ones.

Who the hell cares if you're flying a 737 with a Cessna yoke? :P A Pro Flight yoke isn't much better considering the fact it's based on a Beech Baron 58 yoke. :P

The Cessna yoke especially, is a huge improvement over the Pro Flight yoke: much more precise, and much much smoother. Conclusion, go for the Cessna ones.

Getting back to the pedals Arjen, is there really that much difference?

gb.

I did not look to compare the combat set due to price, I'm not that into it. I could go as high as the Cessna pedals and they just seemed like a better design. I wasn't a big fan of the lip at the bottom of my ch pedals and the pro seems to have the same thing, so I was wondering if it may end up being the same issue for me. Thanks!

I could go as high as the Cessna pedals

That's weird.

Here in Australia the Combats are cheaper than the Cessnas.

gb.

Here in Australia the Combats are cheaper than the Cessnas.

What shop is this at?

To the OP:

Although everyone is saying negative things about the normal pedals, I've had them for three years and they've done the job quite nicely. But hey, I have never tried out the Combat or Cessna rudders. BTW, I noticed an angle adjustment knob on the Combat pedals. And the base looks ROCK solid.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What shop is this at?

To the OP:

Although everyone is saying negative things about the normal pedals, I've had them for three years and they've done the job quite nicely. But hey, I have never tried out the Combat or Cessna rudders. BTW, I noticed an angle adjustment knob on the Combat pedals. And the base looks ROCK solid.

http://www.pcaviator...ome.php?cat=264

The mechanics of all three Saitek pedals are very similar/the same internally I believe. Obviously there are differences in style of the pedals. The Cessna set have foot pedals resembling cessna light aircraft pedals. The Combat set has metal foot pedals which can be angle adjusted. The standard ProFlight pedals have a full-foot pedal design. All are as durable as each other in my experience retailing them, and the return rate on all three has been very low. The Cessna pedals are probably more expensive as you are likely paying a little extra for the licensing of the Cessna name and use of their logo on the product.

Hope that helps!

Kevin, we are in Brisbane too, so you can source them locally from us with full Australian warranty too! Give me a call if you have further questions. Our number is on the website listed above.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

What shop is this at?

PCAviator has them both for about $200.

Also:

http://www.techbuy.c...LERS~Saitek.asp

http://www.ebay.com....=item4abae43d06

http://www.ebay.com....=item4abae43937

Sure there are more.

gb.

I'd like to resurrect this topic, I'm currently interested to finally get myself pedals and perhaps another set of throttle quadrant. So far i've dealt with just having the saitek throttle + yoke set (autorudder enabled and if needed i got my joystick with rudder control at hands reach). At my local pc shop cessna pedals are on sale for the same price as pro flight pedals, combat pedals though are almost double the price, 80€ more so that's probably out of question. 

So my question is, are the cessna pedals still better than pro flight, or perhaps some new competitor?