Sign in to follow this  
Michael Porter

Differential brakes sticking on

Hi All,

I have a situation with FSX where no matter what aircraft I switch to,the differential brakes stick on and make taxiing almost impossible.If I apply the Park brakes they dissappear for about 30 seconds and then reappear again.This happened to me about 18 months ago and in the end I had to un-install FSX completely from my computer and then re-install everything and I have a lot of add ons.As they total over 80 Gigabytes I am desperarely trying to find a way not to have to do so.I was wondering if anyone of you had experienced the same problem and if so had a way to fix it without wiping everything.Hope someone can help.

Michael.

CH Pro Pedals?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Assuming you're using rudder pedals, the brakes need to be carefully calibrated. I usually put a paperback book or bottle cap under the heel of the CH pedals when calibrating so that the brakes do not start to engage until I've pushed the pedal a bit. In other words, you want the minimum braking effect to start when the pedal is partially depressed.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Yes I am using CH yolk and pedals.I have tried re-calibrating the pedals with no success but will try with a paperback book like you suggest. Thanks very much for the suggestions.

You can use a couple of CD/DVD cases as well. Their thickness is more consistent. Note that over time you may need to bump up the thickness you use when calibrating. I finally gave up and switched to Saitek Cessna Pro Flight Pedals and have had a frustration-free first year with them. I also like that the Saitek have adjustable resistance. That lets me optimize pedal movement vs braking. Good luck with your calibration.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere