Sign in to follow this  
James Bennett

Will I be able to run the iFly 737NG (fs2004)?

Having recently got back into flight simming following a 5 year break i'm after something a bit more immersive than the stock FS9 aircraft. I have looked at the iFly 737NG and have decided i'd love to use it!

Now i can run the stock aircraft at a very steady 30fps with the 30fps lock on. This is on virtually full settings for graphics and with 100% AI (no addons). My laptop specs in breif are as follows:

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core QL-65 ~2.1GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

DirectX: 10

Available Page File: 4630MB

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series 2GB (not shared) PowerPlay enabled

Display: 1366x768 32bit 60Hz

I'd like ideally to have 25+fps, but i am willing to turn down the display settings in FS9 somewhat to accomodate for this, especially autogen and max texture size as that is set to massive. What i am asking is "does the iFly 737NG create a significant framerate hit" or is it fairly good on frames?

Thanks all, i know i'm not very good with computers but i don't want to spend the £30 if it isn't going to run well!

The iFly is an excellent simulation but naturally is more heavy on frames.

Although your memory, graphic card and screen resolution are more than sufficient to cope the cpu, running at 2.1GHz, may struggle particularly at payware airports or in bad weather.

Certainly no payware scenery, and i'm not planning to use any. But thanks for the info about flying in bad weather and the CPU affecting this. If i were to download it where would be the best place to do so?

Thanks for responding.

If i were to download it where would be the best place to do so?

Flight1 is the distributor of the download version of the iFly. They also offer a 30 day refund policy which may be beneficial to you if the aircraft performs unsatisfactorily on your laptop.

Your timing couldn't be better as Flight1 now offer an integrated installer, rather than an installer and two 'feature' packs. Don't forget to register on the iFly forum ... a wealth of info is available and service is amongst the best there is.

Best of luck.