Sign in to follow this  
TopGun

Better AFCAD for ImagineSim KATL?

Hello all,

Just purchased the updated KATL from ImagineSIm, and so far, I'm impressed with the detail. However, the supplied afcad was apparently designed to make space for the optional parked aircraft since a lot of the gates are unaccounted for (meaning a lot of the aircraft park in spare cargo spots, which is a bit undesirable from a realistic perspective). I'm also noticing that the aircraft departing east from 8R and 9L seem to be stuck at the hold short point, meaning that the hold-short node probably needs to be moved. Has anyone created an updated aircraft for this wonderful scenery that addressed these issues (and willing to share)? Thanks

J.C.

Hello all,

Just purchased the updated KATL from ImagineSIm, and so far, I'm impressed with the detail. However, the supplied afcad was apparently designed to make space for the optional parked aircraft since a lot of the gates are unaccounted for (meaning a lot of the aircraft park in spare cargo spots, which is a bit undesirable from a realistic perspective). I'm also noticing that the aircraft departing east from 8R and 9L seem to be stuck at the hold short point, meaning that the hold-short node probably needs to be moved. Has anyone created an updated aircraft for this wonderful scenery that addressed these issues (and willing to share)? Thanks

J.C.

Hi J.C.

I have no way of knowing if the updated KATL has the same AF file as the original version (the one I have). If ImagineSim did not change the airport layout - runways, taxiways, buildings and jetways placement then the AF file for the original may still work. If you wish to give it a try, I can provide you with a file for the original version. PM me your email address and I will send you Jim Vile's version of KATL for ImagineSim. It is a vast improvement and provides parking for use with no static aircraft and with static aircraft, a ILS file and some other enhancements. Some of the parking assignments are a bit outdated, but can be updated using AFCAD *** not AFX or ADE ***

Regards,

Mel

Don't know for sure if I downloaded it from their site, or if it came with the package. I have a pair of afcad files from Imaginesim. One with static a/c and one without. There is a file in the scenery folder marked parked aircraft, or something like that. Move it, delete it, or change it to a temp file, then you insert the appropriate afcad. They released an update last year, but I haven't installed it. It appears to actually have fewer parking spots than the one I have. I don't see the old afcad option on their site anymore.

Matt Collins

I have tweaked an earlier version of an excellent AFCAD for the ImagineSim KATL. If anyone wants it, send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you

Cheers

Ian

ps. The latest version of AES has added this airport....