Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

Complete Reinstall of FSX

Related question - If I wanted to do a FSX Repair (short of a full re-install), I understand the steps involved are: Uninstall Acceleration, Repair FSX, Re-install Acceleration. Correct?

Also, what files should I backup prior to the above (terrain.cfg, etc?)? since the repair process doesn't (I hope) actually remove my add-ons from my drive, but key FSX files those add-ons rely on might be overwritten.

(Why would I want to do this? 1) Somewhere along the way something has gone fubar and one of my add-ons (Mindstar G1000) isn't working right anymore. I'm hoping a repair will fix whatever files were changed that are preventing that addon from running correctly. 2) I added one of the Supression Flight effects packages (rain effects on windshield) and don't like what it did. I haven't found any way to un-do what the Supression Flight package has done).

That's exactly what happened to me. Somewhere along the line something went Fubar and my reaction is to do a full reintsall. Your's is to vacillate and hope you don't have to when you know deep down you do. At the end of the day, would you be happy with an FSX repair? So there is your answer.