Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

moving lines in screen

Ok heres my issue I'm having moving lines looks like the screen is refreshing my screen its a 23" led moniter set at 1900X1080X32.

The lines appear when I turn the plane or pan views I've tired everything tweaks, external limiter, vsync fix, ect but nothing is having an effect its not my video card because it happens on my new 660TI like it did with the 560TI I had. Also I have good FPS they stick around 30 unless I use the Carenado C182 then they drop but I pull 30 FPS on the NGX at fly tampa airports but still have those dang lines.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

That sounds like tearing, where the screen buffer is updated in a way that you can see the change. For example, part of the screen will show the old position of the graphics while another part will show the new position.

You can eliminate these by turning VSYNC on, but it's a complicated process if you're using windowed mode rather than full screen. I use windowed mode and put up with the tearing, as I'd probably be getting stutters instead with VSYNC on. I can put up with occasional tearing a lot better than I can put up with stutters. Vertical Sync (VSYNC) means the screen will not update until the buffer has been completely updated.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;