Sign in to follow this  
Greswolf

Is there life left in Computer Pilot?

After such a long period of silence I came across this information on simflight.com tonight. I hope it does mean something might still fly after such a long absence.

Wanted : Computer Pilot Magazine

SEBASTIEN, TUESDAY, 29 JANUARY 2013 @ 1:15

Wanted_computer_pilot_mag-240x300.jpgI wish I could verify that no news mean good news. But I’ve not found any public communication towardsComputer Pilot fans on their website or Facebooksince the end of November.

Well, to be true, in December, we’ve seen an iPad app released. Good. But the January / February issue was due for release this month and today is January 29th. What remains positive at least, is that Maui Artwork who purchased the press magazine is still active and publishes their German language Flight! Magazine on a regular basis. Maybe I’ll create a no-content news subcategory about them, NLS A380 and Airliner XP…

Leo.

Given that Mr Dumas sadly resigned his commission some time ago, for reasons known only to himself. I think it can be taken that we have seen the last of the publication in so far as original subscribers are concerned. Perhaps it has been incorporated into its German counterpart.

PC Pilot is alive and well however, so all is not lost. Still able to have a good read every two months.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I've purchased the only issue available on their iPad app and hopefully they can get it up and running again.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I paid my yearly subscription October 2012, have never received a magazine or never get ant responses, did not know that MR Dumas had resigned, Pay Pal had no luck either.

I paid my yearly subscription October 2012, have never received a magazine or never get ant responses, did not know that MR Dumas had resigned, Pay Pal had no luck either.

Same thing happened to me. I subscribed through PC Aviator, got one copy then they sold to some German publisher. never got another . Shame. I really enjoyed reading it and like to kick back with hard copy aviation mags. Pick up a PC Pilot once in a while but they are pricey and seem to be aimed more at a European readership. There's defenatly a need for a good hard copy sim mag. (did not get a refund eather.)

Vic green

Same thing happened to me. I subscribed through PC Aviator, got one copy then they sold to some German publisher. never got another . Shame. I really enjoyed reading it and like to kick back with hard copy aviation mags. Pick up a PC Pilot once in a while but they are pricey and seem to be aimed more at a European readership. There's defenatly a need for a good hard copy sim mag. (did not get a refund eather.)

Europeans seem to make up most of community. Look at all the home cockpit stuff everything is from Europe I only know of two companies in North America and that is FDS and Panda stimulations.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.