Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

z06z33

Would this work?

What would be the best way to build a simple 777 sim my idea was to get another LCD construct a panel stick the moniter behind it and drag the gauges into place would this work?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In a nutshell, yes. But be prepared to get bit by the home cockpit bug where you will be forever trying to keep adding/building new things and next thing you know, you are building a full size cockpit! lol

In a nutshell, yes. But be prepared to get bit by the home cockpit bug where you will be forever trying to keep adding/building new things and next thing you know, you are building a full size cockpit! lol

Thats my eventual plan is to build a full scale cockpit but as of now I have nither the space or the money to do that so I figure Ill gain experince by building a half panel that looks real but lacks most of the functionality.

Thats my eventual plan is to build a full scale cockpit but as of now I have nither the space or the money to do that so I figure Ill gain experince by building a half panel that looks real but lacks most of the functionality.

Yea, that will be a nice starter project... Good luck with it and have fun!

Ok so heres what I'm thinking of using a single 19" to display gauges and use a SAITEK for the radio stack and autopilot unit unless you know of somthing that would be better but not too expensive also would it be smart to use a second pc to run the gauges and if so how do I do that.

Ok so heres what I'm thinking of using a single 19" to display gauges and use a SAITEK for the radio stack and autopilot unit unless you know of somthing that would be better but not too expensive also would it be smart to use a second pc to run the gauges and if so how do I do that.

Yea, a 19" widescreen LCD will be enough for the PFD/ND display. Won't be big enough to include the standby instruments though.

As for radios and stuff, yes, the Saitek products will get the job done at a reasonable price range.

If you think about using gauges on a networked PC, then you will need an avionics suite which will be expensive. SimAvionics has a 737/777 suite but be ready to consider spending some serious cash and just fyi, the license is non-transferrable. I learned the hard way :-(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yea, a 19" widescreen LCD will be enough for the PFD/ND display. Won't be big enough to include the standby instruments though.

As for radios and stuff, yes, the Saitek products will get the job done at a reasonable price range.

If you think about using gauges on a networked PC, then you will need an avionics suite which will be expensive. SimAvionics has a 737/777 suite but be ready to consider spending some serious cash and just fyi, the license is non-transferrable. I learned the hard way :-(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I guess If I used another 19" I could use whats left over for the engine engine display what would I need to connect all the moniters to my pc? My video card has two outputs.

I guess If I used another 19" I could use whats left over for the engine engine display what would I need to connect all the moniters to my pc? My video card has two outputs.

If you look at the 737 MIP (like FDS) its two 19" (CPT / FO PFD and ND) (really 18.5", but that won't matter to you as you're not using the MIP), and a 15" 4:3 for the Upper EICAS and Standby.

Two outputs off your card is fine. My "Displays" PC runs three cards, two outputs each. Newer Nvidia 600 series can drive 4 displays per card

If you look at the 737 MIP (like FDS) its two 19" (CPT / FO PFD and ND) (really 18.5", but that won't matter to you as you're not using the MIP), and a 15" 4:3 for the Upper EICAS and Standby.

Two outputs off your card is fine. My "Displays" PC runs three cards, two outputs each. Newer Nvidia 600 series can drive 4 displays per card

I am actuay going to build a MIP but only the captains side due to space and cost. I'm going to close the whole thing in aswell but build it so that I can expand it to a full cockpit over time.

I am actuay going to build a MIP but only the captains side due to space and cost. I'm going to close the whole thing in aswell but build it so that I can expand it to a full cockpit over time.

Then you want a 19" and a 15" (These 15" 4:3's are getting hard to come by...Thrift stores, sometimes ebay). If you run larger than the 15 in the Upper EICAS you will block switch and annunciator locations for a 1:1 MIP design. You could potentially run smaller screen to just fill the EICAS space like the lower, then use Flight Illusions standby gauges instead of LCD simulated ones.....Costly though. For the lower eicas, either a custom 12" widescreen, or masking another size if the overhang doesn't imede on your CDU.

And as for ProSIm737, its one of the cheapest full solutions now, but will double in price in two days. If you plan on using it, you might want to buy it now, or pay 600 Euros later. Haven't priced PM in ages, but over $1000 and Sim Avionics is $1700. All great software and really easy to use.

How i do the back lighting and also what do Yal use for all the words on the mip exp gear extention 270kts