Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

And anyway Dash 8 is very modern airliner so I would think that startup procedures should be fairly simple compared to some older generation planes like Simcheck A300 not to even mention FSLabs Concorde.

As long as it's not too much more difficult than 737NGX it should be fine for me.

I sincerely hope that there is a way to just load an FSX flight plan and hit CTRL-E to start the engines, I am a little bit tired of those planes where you have to throw 30 switches before you can taxi :-)

yeah this plane wont be what you are looking for

I am excited for a Q400, I will be buying the Majestic Q400, however I wish someone would make an ATR-72-600 as well.

• Upvote 2

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

+1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

not necessarily, Majestic on their Facebook page commented back to me that it takes less than 1 minute to start the engines, and while programming the FMC yields the best results, you can fly the aircraft with using the FMC.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I sincerely hope that there is a way to just load an FSX flight plan and hit CTRL-E to start the engines, I am a little bit tired of those planes where you have to throw 30 switches before you can taxi :-)

Are there not plenty of "dumbed down" aircraft out there?

Looking forward to this also! I can stop pretending that my J41 is a QantasLink Dash 8 :)

You might like the Coolsky DC-9. It's very detailed, yet you can switch state to any phase of flight with a single click. Although that is a jet...

I wonder how it will compare with the J41. Someone in PMDG called the J41 a 'lite' edition. (I think he might have been cranky about people talking about an sp2, though.)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Sorry Darem,

This aircraft does require you to start it from cold and dark, however you are able to set up whatever state you desire and save it as a scenario.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Why is that tiring? And besides, every complicated addon has an option to save the state you want. Even the PMDG NGX you can select engines running as the default starting point.

Are there not plenty of "dumbed down" aircraft out there?

Oh c'mon, this "dumbed down" attitude is soooo lame. When I come home from work, I want to have a plane that has a nice VC, good flight characteristics and an easy startup procedure. I want to fly, not throw virtual switches just for the sake of it. I think this is a legitimate wish. And regarding the dash 8 - no, there isn't a nice one out there yet, just a freeware one with silly flight characteristics and a horrible VC.

• Upvote 2

Oh c'mon, this "dumbed down" attitude is soooo lame. When I come home from work, I want to have a plane that has a nice VC, good flight characteristics and an easy startup procedure. I want to fly, not throw virtual switches just for the sake of it. I think this is a legitimate wish. And regarding the dash 8 - no, there isn't a nice one out there yet, just a freeware one with silly flight characteristics and a horrible VC.

So then load it with the saved state. Don't demand developers dumb down addons so you can press ctrl + e to start the engines and fly.

• Upvote 2

Each to their own. For me flicking switches on the ground and getting everything all set up is an integral and natural part of the flight. The fun starts at the gate and ends at the gate.

However, I am pretty sure you can load the plane all set and running, if you want that.

• Upvote 4

Our decision will not change regarding this. Save the state you want to use, its not difficult. Our aim is to create a simulation as close as possible to the real aircraft. The start procedure on the Dash is quite simple, if you look at some of the early videos, you will see a few of the start up procedures (its not rocket science).

• Upvote 3

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos