Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

Any real world pilot can get the plane read within a couple of minutes. Not following the Airliner SOP, but if they're just setting up a flight for fun, they can do it pretty fast! Starting those turbo props must be awesome every time you do it anyway!

Alexis Mefano

I have to agree with crosswind, the startup on a Dash-8-Q400 takes less than 1 minute if you take it slow, its not like CTRL+E but its pretty simple. If you want to complain about throwing switches to start an aircraft, try the PMDG JS4100, that aircraft is finicky about startup procedures, but once you get it, there is a big sense of satisfaction!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

From their facebook page:

Majestic Software Dash 8-Q400

‎* STATUS UPDATE *

Our beta testers have been very active and efficient recently and we are very grateful for that. Good news: they have tested our Dash 8 extensively. Bad news: they found a lot of bugs. More good news: none of them is critical, most are quickly fixable.

So where is the project now? All the Pilot version features are implemented and working (correctly to some degree, according to bug reports). Documentation is ready, although some tutorials are yet to be finished. We have to set up a product support forum, do some work on the licencing server and - of course - correct the bugs. After that, another beta will roll out and hopefully will become our release candidate after another testing sprint.

We are now able to give preliminary estimation of the price. The Pilot version will cost 49.95€, the PRO and Training versions - respectively 74.95€ and 149.95€. Cross-version upgrades are possible for the price difference plus 20€ additional fee.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

75 euro's equal 99 CAD :( ...but it will be worth it no doubt! So I will be getting it

Anyone know what the differences between the versions are? Generally speaking..

Anyone know what the differences between the versions are? Generally speaking..

Yes, 25 euro and 75 euro :)

Couldn't resist, sorry...

You would think it would follow the 300 model offerings right?

The Dash 8 Q300 Version 2.005 Pilot edition. Euro 29.95

is our entry edition, for the general public, wishing to be introduced to the world of the turboprop airplanes, and not requiring the advanced product features, such as the most system failures, flight data recording playback or the network instructor station. This edition includes all the standard features, described above plus the electrical failure function of the remote control station.

The Dash 8 Q300 Version 2.005 Pro edition. Euro 69.95

this edition is for the advanced users, who consider themselves familiar with the turboprop airplanes and are intended to discover the depth of the airplane systems and procedures we have simulated. This edition, in addition to the standard features includes the Hydraulic and Electrical failures function of the Remote Control Station, a special Cockpit Configuration which can be used by the cockpit builder, Emergency gear extension facilities, and a fully functional CAT IIIa certified Headup Guidance System (HGS). Apart of all above, the custom key combinations or joystick buttons can be assigned to control the autopilot and FMC.

The Dash 8 Q300 Version 2.0005 Training edition. Euro 149.95

This package is the most advanced of our Dash8-Q300 series and is intended as a training aid for the professional pilots and technicians, as well as for the CBT system familiarization and demonstrations. The training edition is a former AIRLINE edition, which was already in use for some time in the numerous flight schools for the goal pilots and technicians training. This edition provides the full range of failures in every aircraft system using the included instructor station, as well as our new guide on how to utilize the capabilities of this software to prepare to the recurrent pilot proficiency checks. Apart of that, the training edition if full hardware cockpit enabled, and can be used to build home cockpits of various complexities from the ground up.

• Upvote 1

Its systems complexity basically, the Pilot version is more complex then most other addons, while the Pro version is very complex (PMDG actually, probably higher with the Q400) and the Training version is for Airlines or real pilots, basically that allows things like failures to be controlled by someone else, nothing a simmer will ever need really. Thats going by there old Q300 (except the PMDG stuff thats just my opinion :lol: )

Oh Skyboj beat me too it

Thanks guys. I have no experience with Majestic, but this has quality stuff written all over it .

Amazing! Looks like it's soon going to be on our hands. Looking forward for them letting us knows exactly what the differences are between the versions. I don't want to spend money on Pilot just to find out that to have the Advanced Engine Management I need to invest almost the same amount of money again

Alexis Mefano

Seems I've seen some hardware cockpit builds with the -300 software before. Not sure where they got the panels from though

Thanks guys. I have no experience with Majestic, but this has quality stuff written all over it .

My experience with Majestic has been excellent. When I had initial problems with the 300 I in-turn had a rapid response email daily with guidance and suggestions to fix the problem.

I have to agree with crosswind, the startup on a Dash-8-Q400 takes less than 1 minute if you take it slow, its not like CTRL+E but its pretty simple. If you want to complain about throwing switches to start an aircraft, try the PMDG JS4100, that aircraft is finicky about startup procedures, but once you get it, there is a big sense of satisfaction!

I am also satisfied with seeing cause-effect of switches in the cockpit. Once you get a flow set, you can get things started faster each time. The first time I worked with the -300 I doze-off while working the checks and woke up with both engines running. Imagine that!

Keith Guillory