Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

I did not see it in the quotes above but I do ahve one question:

Will there be shared cockpit?

Bonus question: Are there ANY FSX planes coming out that will have shared cockpit?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

about last week, they said the pricing would be tagged after the product is finalized. The update shows how close the current progress is... cant wait

Head's Up Display? Will they offer this, Jazz uses them, so I need one :D

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I love this plane ! There are a few bugs to fix, but I think it will be ready in February/March. I think it is cheap for 'Hardcore'. Quality exterior and interior is not bad. I like this !

Yes I think the Pro and Training version will have a HUD

I did not see it in the quotes above but I do ahve one question:

Will there be shared cockpit?

The BASIC will NOT include 2D panels, Failures, and the HUD, Working circuit breakers, Shared Cockpit, and a few other features.

This will be explained in detail once the webpage is put online, and no there is not a time line regarding the webpage (I know someone is going to ask). :LOL

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Watched the video. Some totally excellent features, Must say though, they have to change the props! They look like those from the kids toys with the curled fan blades on a stick that you whisk through the air to make the blades spin! Props look cartoonish.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The BASIC will NOT include 2D panels, Failures, and the HUD, Working circuit breakers, Shared Cockpit, and a few other features.

Hoping that they will explain whether or not they'll have random failures as an option. A popped circuit breaker is a practical and real distraction.

Also hoping they'll say whether this model is the long range model.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I probably wouldn't notice the lack of a failure module, but if it's like AccuSim, where you let your engine over the red line too much time and alarms start to go off, then the failure module will be a must! In other words, the big difference between user-programmed failures and having an aircraft reacting to your bad piloting skills! Hope they can make this clear.

Alexis Mefano

FP,

Must say though, they have to change the props! They look like those from the kids toys with the curled fan blades on a stick that you whisk through the air to make the blades spin! Props look cartoonish.

The likely hood of the props changing is not going to happen at this stage in the development.. Also bear in mind that the use of FRAPS during our recording of the video clips does put a strain on the fps thus causing a slight lag in the fluid rotation of the prop during start-up (not sure if this is what you are referring to).

Hoping that they will explain whether or not they'll have random failures as an option. A popped circuit breaker is a practical and real distraction.

Also hoping they'll say whether this model is the long range model.

Gregg,

As mentioned in my post above the webpage will have everything in detail between all three versions. Regarding the failures the PRO and TRAINING editions will allow for scenario based random or triggered failures

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Have you guys started work on the PRO Version yet, I will buy that because and only because of the HUD?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Ron,

Work has begun on all versions, however we are pushing to get the PILOT version released first.

Banner_MJC8.png

Shared cockpit! Woo hoo!

Weather radar! Great!

Can't wait to try out all these excellent features.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Also bear in mind that the use of FRAPS during our recording of the video clips does put a strain on the fps

That is not an issue to me. The polypropolene props totally detract from an otherwise awesome offering. I bring guests into my "flying" room to see what advanced flight simulaton looks like. I would be embarassed to have them see the props I see in the video linked above. My grandson has a (1) D-cell battery powered 6" airplane with identical prop blades, Black. Plastic. Unrealistic. But they are flexible, gentle, and do not injure the young pilot!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

This (Majestic Q400) and PFPX are my two must buys of the year...even above a certain T7. Definitely looking forward to this and best of luck for release.

Eric Szczesniak