Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

The upgrade fee was calculated based on the manual effort required to perform an upgrade.

Due to the fact, that Dash-8 will sell via numerous sales channels, it can and will happen that the sales will not be performed through the same sales channels during the entire lifecycle of the product, as new retailers will be added, and some other removed from the distribution and therefor, the cross upgrades will also be required.

Please, understand that all of these will require manual handling, which is expensive. Hence the upgrade fee.

Please also note, that the pricing is preliminary and can vary between the sales channels. For example, there might be a way for a particular distributor not charge an upgrade fee, if an upgrade is automatic. Or a smaller fee, to compensate for the money loss due to the credit card transaction tax.

regards,

fanda

• Upvote 1

Hi Fanda,

Thanks for the explaination. From my point of view I was dissapointed because I want to fly this great looking sim from day one of release when the pilot version is released. However I want to buy the pro version, and am not impressed to find out that if I buy the pilot version then upgrade to the pro version when that is released I have to cough up an extra 20 euro!

I would have thought the upgrade would be a downloadable exe file. Run that and put in a product key and you are good to go. Not 20 euro's for that.

I am more than happy to pay for your top quality product, but do not like the upgrade policy you have.

Cheers

Neil

• Upvote 1

In my opinion 20 euros upgrade fee is completely reasonable when we are talking about probably the best airliner simulation ever made for FSX.

• Upvote 1

In my opinion 20 euros upgrade fee is completely reasonable when we are talking about probably the best airliner simulation ever made for FSX.

No wrong, it's not 20 euros, it 25 euros plus a charge for upgrade 20 euros thats total of 45 euros. The problem is we can only buy the PILOT version the day it comes out and the point is that's a lot to pay for an upgrade, if the Pro version came out at the same time most would buy the Pro version that is 25 euros more not 45 euros more.

I hear what your saying Fanda but I still think for the people that want your product on day of release they should not get penalized because the PRO version will not be available on release.

Could it be an option to pay for the PRO version 75 euros on release day and then get the upgrade when available and not pay the 20 euro charge?

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

What NAV database will be in use with this model and its avionics?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The solution to the upgrade seems obvious: allow people to buy the advanced version on the first day, although it is not available, then let them upgrade for free later when the advanced version comes out. If this does not cover the handling cost, then just increase the cost of the advanced version up front by say 10 euros or whatever amount is necessary. "Maniacs" will buy it anyway...

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Please also note, that the pricing is preliminary and can vary between the sales channels. For example, there might be a way for a particular distributor not charge an upgrade fee, if an upgrade is automatic. Or a smaller fee, to compensate for the money loss due to the credit card transaction tax.

So does that mean that the likes of Aerosoft wouldn't have to charge the upgrade fee due to their automatic system?

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Out of curiosity, why don't those who are complaining just sit tight like me? I'll pass on the Pilot Edition, and wait for the Pro Edition and buy that. Just because a more expensive option is available, doesn't mean you've got to buy it, remember?

Patience, anyone?

No wrong, it's not 20 euros, it 25 euros plus a charge for upgrade 20 euros thats total of 45 euros. The problem is we can only buy the PILOT version the day it comes out and the point is that's a lot to pay for an upgrade, if the Pro version came out at the same time most would buy the Pro version that is 25 euros more not 45 euros more.

I hear what your saying Fanda but I still think for the people that want your product on day of release they should not get penalized because the PRO version will not be available on release.

Could it be an option to pay for the PRO version 75 euros on release day and then get the upgrade when available and not pay the 20 euro charge?

We will think about this, thank you for the suggestion.

The database will be from Navigraph, and can be upgraded from there

The shared cockpit will use our own implementation, it will not be an FSX shared cockpit

We obviously can't comment on the aerosoft upgrade policies

best regards,

fanda

Excellent news! Can't wait to see what magic you guys come up with. Release within the next few weeks? :)

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Out of curiosity, why don't those who are complaining just sit tight like me? I'll pass on the Pilot Edition, and wait for the Pro Edition and buy that. Just because a more expensive option is available, doesn't mean you've got to buy it, remember?

Patience, anyone?

Yup this is my plan.

Patience, anyone?

Very well said!!

Oh c'mon, this "dumbed down" attitude is soooo lame.

FSX experience has taught me that these "dumbed down" planes, the so called "easy", finally end up being the most difficult.

Why?

Because they are like "plastic toys":

- full of bugs

- missing essential features

Examples:

- Aerosoft Airbus X (no FMC at all)

- Aerosoft Airbus X Extended:

----> no LNAV when radial interception is involved

----> incorrectly calculated ToD

----> no custom waypoints when there are multiple fixes with the same name

- QW 757 (no custom waypoints)