Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

AS much as I would like to be flying this from day one, I too will await the release of the Pro version before buying. I see it as damaging, in particular to image, to charge an upgrade fee on top of the actual difference between the two products. €20 as an administration fee for a product costing "only" €75 is a massive charge in terms of percentage, you're looking at around a 30% surcharge to upgrade. Given that it seems at least a number of users would like to be able to use the Q400 from release but would like to purchase the PRO ultimately, or even the TRAINING edition, might it not be more expedient to allow users to purchase the respective version from the outset, which would automatically allow the use of a lesser version up until the point in time at which the actual purchased version becomes available?

IE a licence key that is valid for PILOT/PRO/TRAINING, if the TRAINING version was purchased, a key valid for PILOT/PRO if PRO purchased, and PILOT only if the PILOT version purchased? I am sure that this is possible, as I have seen it many times in commercial software at work, perhaps via some form of online activation and fingerprinting... Of course, it is a question of the cost...

Though, if it remains as it is, then I will just sit it out like all of you others and wait for the PRO version to hit the virtual shelves...

Majestic will have to wait for my money, their disadvantage... :) though, they will get it at SOME point... they decide when ultimately, so the ball is now in their court.

With respect to the propellers, I see no reason to change anything even if there were the time or opportunity. The sounds are spot on, the animations look good (my last 4 flights in a Q400 were in the seats just in front of the blades disc, so I got to see the appearance pretty close up for 4 entire flights and I think Majestic have done a great job at rendering the props), just thought I would add that...A

• Upvote 1

we should call the upgrade fee "the impatience fee" :)

Buying a ticket for several versions from the day one is a good idea but it has a serious drawback. The users who bought PRO and TRAINING will pressure us, the developpers, to accelerate the release of these versions. This WILL happen without any doubt. Now that nobody gave us a penny, the pressure is already very high. Imagine how it will be when hundreds or thousands of users having paid their money will be waiting for the new release!

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

We will think about this, thank you for the suggestion.

Well if they take that on board you wont have to wait will you!

Thank you Fanda for listening and taking the idea on board.

The users who bought PRO and TRAINING will pressure us, the developpers, to accelerate the release of these versions. This WILL happen without any doubt.

Yes they will but they will have the PILOT version to keep them happy :biggrin: we have waited 3 years :P :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

FSX experience has taught me that these "dumbed down" planes, the so called "easy", finally end up being the most difficult.

Why?

Because they are like "plastic toys":

- full of bugs

- missing essential features

Examples:

- Aerosoft Airbus X (no FMC at all)

- Aerosoft Airbus X Extended:

----> no LNAV when radial interception is involved

----> incorrectly calculated ToD

----> no custom waypoints when there are multiple fixes with the same name

- QW 757 (no custom waypoints)

And when it rains, there are no raindrops on the windshields.

You know, this discussion is so academic. Some people, like me, like to fly without too much effort. Some people like to simulate to the max. I couldn't care less about missing custom waypoints, for you, it's a nuisance.

All I wanted to know was if I can start the Dash-8 with CTR-E. In the meantime, I am sorry I ever did ask, because I got treated like an idiot.

Thank you very much.

Well after the Fokker 70/100 farce I for one am never paying for an unfinished product again. Not comparing Majestic with Digital Aviation, it's still a principle to remember.

That said, the cheapo version might be good enough for me. Don't need a 2D panel.

Am I the only one here who wants a fully functioning FMS but couldn't really care less about shared cockpit, failure models and modelled individual circuit breakers?

FSX experience has taught me that these "dumbed down" planes, the so called "easy", finally end up being the most difficult.

Why?

Because they are like "plastic toys":

- full of bugs

- missing essential features

Examples:

- Aerosoft Airbus X (no FMC at all)

- Aerosoft Airbus X Extended:

----> no LNAV when radial interception is involved

----> incorrectly calculated ToD

----> no custom waypoints when there are multiple fixes with the same name

- QW 757 (no custom waypoints)

Yeah sure, but more than likely Majestic Dash 8 Pilot edition will be already one of the most advanced simulations ever, in the same class with 737NGX and at least one way even better. (flight modeling).

We will think about this, thank you for the suggestion.

The database will be from Navigraph, and can be upgraded from there

The shared cockpit will use our own implementation, it will not be an FSX shared cockpit

We obviously can't comment on the aerosoft upgrade policies

best regards,

fanda

Hello Fanda,

Just to through my valuable (yeah!) two cents in this pot, I would agree to an option to pay the full Pro version cost from the start, in order to get the "Pilot" version when it is released, then get the "Pro" version as an upgrade when it is available.

You may even want to just make this an option if the product is purchased from your web store an Majestic.

I purchased my "Pilot" version of your Q300 at Simmarket, then when I realized that you are selling them at your web shop, I purchased the "Pro" version and other upgrades there.

I know you do better when people buy the product from direct from you.

Yes agree, cut out the middle man, sell Direct.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I appreciate the comments, but this time we will not be selling direct. It is our goal to concentrate on the development, and leave the sales to the certified distributors. The cost of maintaining the shop and the transaction fees are too high when selling a single product

The licensing however will be handled by Majestic, which means we will have instant information about every purchase.

regards,

fanda

Thanks again for your input! I too, like others, hope we could pay for a PRO version up front, and then upgrade when the time comes. If not, I will simply wait for the Pro version to be released. Either way, you're getting my money! :P

I too, like others, hope we could pay for a PRO version up front, and then upgrade when the time comes. If not, I will simply wait for the Pro version to be released.

+1

we should call the upgrade fee "the impatience fee" :)

Buying a ticket for several versions from the day one is a good idea but it has a serious drawback. The users who bought PRO and TRAINING will pressure us, the developpers, to accelerate the release of these versions. This WILL happen without any doubt. Now that nobody gave us a penny, the pressure is already very high. Imagine how it will be when hundreds or thousands of users having paid their money will be waiting for the new release!

I understand that point. I'm one that will choose the Pro Edition. I understand the issue, especially when it comes to money and what's expected. I'm planning on waiting until the Pro Edition is released to purchase. Ultimately its up to the consumer to make the decision if they want to pay the upgrade free.

FDX706

And when it rains, there are no raindrops on the windshields.

You know, this discussion is so academic. Some people, like me, like to fly without too much effort. Some people like to simulate to the max. I couldn't care less about missing custom waypoints, for you, it's a nuisance.

All I wanted to know was if I can start the Dash-8 with CTR-E. In the meantime, I am sorry I ever did ask, because I got treated like an idiot.

Thank you very much.

Darerm,

Calm down guy.....no one is treating you like an idiot. You asked a simple question with which a simple answer is given. Due to our systems and logic programming the aircraft is not designed to use the basic FSX code for simple issues as engine start (CTRL+E). This is no different in our older flagship the Q300. I have offered you the best solution to your question which is to configure the flight-deck to your liking, start the engines at the airport and or location of the airport of your choice and then save the flight (you can even make it your default flight if you choose to do so). The likelihood of us creating panel states is not in the plan, but things can change, however at this time panel states are not available.

respectfully.

Simeon

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

My solution? Probably just buy the pilot version and call it a day. :P

I have no use for simulated failures, and I'm not really ga ga over a hud, and I seriously doubt I'll be pushing and pulling circuit breakers for the fun of it. I realize I won't be allowed into the cool kids lounge, but I'm good with that too.

• Upvote 1

- Aaron

Guest BeaverDriver

Simeon,

Sorry, I don't have a Facebook account (nor will I) so I can't ask there. I'm hoping you can answer a question for me here if you don't mind. Can you tell me exactly what added functionality in the FMC there is in the PRO version over the PILOT version? I not worried about the Trainer version as I understand that is all maintenance related, but there could be a significant operational difference in the FMC from the PILOT to the PRO.

Thanks very much - really appreciate your help on this.

Glenn