Sign in to follow this  
Reason

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

Maybe we can get this bird flying next weekend? =p Would be cool!

Alexis Mefano

Maybe we can get this bird flying next weekend? =p Would be cool!

Would be nice wouldn't it, we would like that too. She is coming along nicely. The Facebook page has all the info regarding the status of the project.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Guest BeaverDriver

Simeon, in case you haven't done so, it would be nice if you put Aleksi's shots on another page, say like your FB profile... Thanks for keeping that public, by the way... FB is not my idea of social networking... but by keeping your page publicly viewable, I don't need to be part of that...thank you for that :)

A

+1 on all counts!

Not

Simeon, in case you haven't done so, it would be nice if you put Aleksi's shots on another page, say like your FB profile... Thanks for keeping that public, by the way... FB is not my idea of social networking... but by keeping your page publicly viewable, I don't need to be part of that...thank you for that :)

A

Andrew,

I was glad to see that F/book allowed for this as know that there are quite a few people that do not really care to take part in Social Networking sites. While we don't transfer all of the discussions from the F/book page back over to the forum, important announcements are posted on the forum.

The new website is presently being designed and looking very good, no time on when it becomes live as of yet.

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

I definitely look forward to you releasing, when she is ready of course... It is one of the few planes I have a personal link with in the commercial sector...

A

Those are great pictures on that latest update. How I am looking forward to this one coming out.

I can only hope it is not a resource hungry plane. There are numerous beautiful payware airports in Europe and the US I want to taking this jet prop into and out of...

A

Andrew Entwistle

Anxiously awaiting this every week. But as the poster above said, what is the performance like? Can you compare the framerate inside the VC to something like the PMDG NGX?

Framerate is not an issue, as not a single tester complained about it. Compared with concurrency, it's much lighter on fps than similar products.

MJC8 calculates systems and flight dynamics on other CPU cores than the one used by FSX. You can even specify, in the ini file, which core will be calculating graphics and which one systems. This results in a quite heavy processor load but without any significant impact on the framerate.

• Upvote 2

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

That's good to hear. With all the systems modeled to such detail I was worried about low framerates. Will you release a guide as to how to tweak it for best performance on a 4 core machine running with 14 affinity mask? Hopefully she's a month or so away from release. Really looking forward to it.

Is there any idea how long the delay will be between the Pilot and Pro versions? I know exact timing is unpredictable, but is there a general sense of weeks, a couple months, many months, a year, etc? I very much prefer the Pro version, but if it's going to coming many months or years laters, then the 20 euro upgrade fee could be worth it to me to enjoy something while waiting.

Eric Szczesniak

A few months (anticipated)

Banner_MJC8.png

I'm also ruinous to see the CPU tweaks whilst running the affinity mask at 14, but I'm sure that bridge can be crossed at release :)