First this is my system.

INTEL I7 3770K 3.5GHZ

GYGABITE Z77X-UP7

G-SKILL 2133MHZ 16GB

EVGA GTX680 SIGNATURE OC 2048MB

USED WITH MATROX TH2GO ON 3 DELL 2209WA

SSD 128GB - WINDOWS

SSD 500GB SCANDISK - FSX

Nvidia driver 310.90 + Inpector 1.9.6.8 (Tweaked according to AVSIM file)

While running FSX with PMDG NGX loading some clouds (REX) starting the flight FPS is approx 20-25FPS and BOOM (Displays flick black) error massage appear at the right corner:

'Nvidia display driver stopped responding and has recovered'

Immediately after the error FPS drop to 4-6 FPS.

Now the interesting thing is that yesterday I went to FSX settings and enabled AA in FSX and FPS recovered back to 20FPS.

I thought it is EVGA display card error for a long time but I did some stress test with AIDA64 to the GPU and it didn't crash.

The Max temp it reached is 61C.

I have tried different drivers from 310.70 to 306.97 and same results.

I don't mind running FSX with AA enabled but I've been told that it won't work with FSINN...

Any Idea what can it be ?

(I haven't tested it with other 3D games, I have only FSX installed...)

I'm having the same issue with the same driver, W8x64 install. I think these drivers might not be so good.

Remove the vid. card from the mobo and clean it and reinstall, dusty cards cause this problem.

Let me know.

The computer is brand new... Do you think this is the issue ?

But I will try.

Thx.

EVGA GTX680 SIGNATURE OC 2048MB

Did you overclock the GPU?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I had this problem for the longest time. Until I started doing clean installs of Nvidia drivers. I hasn't happened since. Not sure if it's the cure for you. But it worked for me.

-- tazz

I've also had this issue once with this driver - I reinstalled it and the problem disappeared and I have since installed the latest beta driver 313.95 and that seems stable without error.

In the past I have found that the Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys file to be the issue (usually) and have "fixed" it by extracting the nvlddmkm.sy_ from the latest driver install usually in C:\nvidia\display driver and overwriting the system32 version of nvlddkm.sys. Sometimes it is just an one-off aberration and goes away on its own.

pH

Just as a side note - when I have this happen and fps drops to 4-5 I just minimize the window and then maximize it and fps return to normal with no further interruptions.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you all.

My EVGA in not OC and My system is running now on optimized bios settings.

Many tips got here !

I will keep you up to date. :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: :( After removing my Display card made some cleaning started FSX about 30 mins through out the flight NVIDIA driver crashed.

Next I'm goona try this:

I've also had this issue once with this driver - I reinstalled it and the problem disappeared and I have since installed the latest beta driver 313.95 and that seems stable without error.

In the past I have found that the Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys file to be the issue (usually) and have "fixed" it by extracting the nvlddmkm.sy_ from the latest driver install usually in C:\nvidia\display driver and overwriting the system32 version of nvlddkm.sys. Sometimes it is just an one-off aberration and goes away on its own.

pH

As I checked event manager and found the related nvlddmkm remark.

Will let you know.

Update:

I've installed the new Beta Drivers 313.96 and still got the crash. <_<

I've downloaded simdriver and update all drivers and still got the crash. <_<

Last thing I did is to replace the nvdllmkm.sy_ in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

I managed to depart did some circle to land and it was stable.... :huh:

I didn't do a full flight yet but I will keep updating.

BTW do you think it's a faulty display card or is it still driver issue ? This is a dilema I'm trying to solve...

UPDATE 3:

Nvidia driver keep crashing.

The only thing is that FSX keep running smoothly. <_<

I guess will have to live with that ?

Is this a card faulty or drivers issue with the GTX6XX ?

As this is a new computer, it could be the any of the GPU (though you tested it with Aida64), the motherboard or the power supply. You might want to take it back to the supplier and have their techs look at it.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

As this is a new computer, it could be the any of the GPU (though you tested it with Aida64), the motherboard or the power supply. You might want to take it back to the supplier and have their techs look at it.

I bought the Video card from the USA and it was a long way to my house sending it back will be a big issue. :unsure:

I must be sure

What test should I do ?

I don't get blue screens only Nvidia crash massage.

I did AIDA64 test as well and it held quite good....

1). Put your complete system specs including any overclocking speeds in your profile so that it shows up on the left side of the screen, please, Raam.

2). To test the pc - download BlueScreenView from here, IntelBurnTest from here, CoreTemp from here, CPU-z from here, and finally GPU-Z from here. Run IBT while monitorring the temperatures with CoreTemp, and monitoring the process and system with CPU-Z and the GPU, loads and temps with GPU-Z. That should give you some indication of the problem area. If it BlueScreens - use BlueScreenView to look at the first error code that is showing. Compare that number with this chart to close in on the problem.

OK? :smile: