Sign in to follow this  
roydeforrest

Need some help here, please.

I have a home cockpit where the keyboard is not used, except to start FS9 and RC. All actions are executed from the cockpit itself through the hardware attached. (See picture)

I would love to use RC (already installed and running smoothly with Meatwater voices) the only problem is that every time I have to answer ATC, I have to get up and run to the keyboard and press the corresponding numbers to answer.

Now, I still have many buttons available to assign, just the knowledge of how to is missing.

Would someone, please, try to help me? Maybe even step by step?

Within FS9 all the Key assignments have been deleted, simply because they are not needed ( I only run Level d 767) the hardware has taken over all the needed actions. That leaves me free to use any key assignments without interference.

Now, I have spent countless hours searching through the RC Forum for answers and even though, I found some somewhat related, and tried them out, but none worked. Therefore, you are my final solution…

There is a good chance also; that I may not have understood the “computer language used” and or, that this will not be possible.

Thank you

Roy DeForrest

I am running Vista 64, FS9, RC4.

Hi Roy,

You have the same situation as Pete Dowson - author of FSUIPC. Pete has solved that problem by using a touch-screen display mounted at the side of his cockpit. Each 'button' on that screen is assigned to a FS or RC command using the FSUIPC interface.

Hard buttons could be used instead. You will need a registered copy of FSUIPC and things will run a little more responsively if you run RC on a WideFS PC so a WideFS licence would also be needed.

The action of assigning a command to a button is very simple and is documented in the FSUIPC manual.

That's a wonderful setup you have there. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you very much Ray...

You just gave me some hope. It Just happens that the screen where I display the RC "reply box" with Text Display, is my overhead which happens to be a very large touch screen,I do have a registered copy of FSUIPC, I woul like to try it without WideFS. Do you think that it'l work?

It depends if that screen gives FS9 the focus. It has to in order for the command to be recognised.

I don't know how you create a virtual button to assign a command to. Pete does drop in here occasionally but you could ask in his FSUIPC forum here. http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

Alternatively, if you have a spare hard button you could assign 'acknowledge+contact' to that just to test the process.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello Ray,

Thank you very, very much... I have opted for the hard buttons assignement. It works wonderfully, and I must say that now, I have the "Perfect Machine".

You know,sometimes it takes only a "trigger" When one seems to be stucked due to overload,to be able to accomplish a goal. Well you were my "trigger" Thank you again.

Friendly

Roy DeForrest

PS- If you ever come my way check this out, its me.(free for you, I mean it.)

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p992976

Hi Roy,

I'm very pleased you resolved the problem. Well done! :Applause:

It should make flying a more realistic experience. I always find getting out of the cockpit to respond to an instruction does tend to kill the realism! :biggrin:

That's a beautiful part of the world. Thank you for the invitation. One day... who knows. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather