Sign in to follow this  
3Green

Ural Airbus A321 strikes localizer antenna

Ural flight SVR3046 was attempting to land at Kazan airport (Russia) during poor weather. Cloud base was 100ft and visibility was about 1/2 mile. After the aircraft broke through the clouds, the crew executed a missed approach because the aircraft was not where it should have been. During the missed approached the tail struck the localizer antenna. After the accident, the ILS for runway 12L/29R was Notamed unserviceable.

Wonder if the ILS was broken before or after the accident? :Thinking:

RJ

Keep the localizer centred they said. :( More seriously, I'm glad about the good outcome in regard to the events.

More seriously, I'm glad about the good outcome in regard to the events.

Agree.

Looks like the Aircraft has been repaired too.. :lol:

RJ

Looks like the Aircraft has been repaired too..

What an excellent maintenance job—they even made sure that the pieces of tape were identically "textured" and symmetrically placed in order to maintain aerodynamic consistency! :lol:

In Soviet Russia, ILS follows you!

Looks like the Aircraft has been repaired too.. :lol:

:LMAO:

"If you're trying to fix something with duct tape and it's not working, you're not using enough duct tape"

What an excellent maintenance job—they even made sure that the pieces of tape were identically "textured" and symmetrically placed in order to maintain aerodynamic consistency! :lol:

In Soviet Russia, ILS follows you!

Maybe the First officer of URAL was just to busy like this guy.

RJ

Freakin' ILS! What an idiot has put it there so that we scratched our butt against it!

Best regards,

Mike

ILS installations should be banned. At least at airports. Too dangerous! :mad: I'm developing a habit I think. :blush: