Sign in to follow this  
jock

Livery manager tells lies.

I had already successfully installed a number of liveries via the Livery Manager. For some reason they have disappeared. The house livery is the only remaining one for, e.g., the 800 winglet version. When I try to reinstall the liveries, using the LM, I get the same message for each one to the effect that this livery is already installed. THEY AREN'T! (sorry to shout).

Any help would be much appreciated, please. (Vista 64) Yes, I have run the Livery Manager as administrator - to no avail.

Jock

Oh yes, Oliver. I've been at this game for many years. This is a specific problem, I'm afraid. Thank you, anyway.

Jock

If you're not afraid of handling the aircraft.cfg file, check if all the [livery.xx] numbers are correct. Especially if there isn't one missing. If one of these numbers is skipped, FSX will consider the subsequent paints as non-existent.

I'm concentrating on the PMDG 737-800NGX PMDG House Winglets model at the moment.

There are 18 Texture folders in the aircraft folder, but only the base model [fltsim.0] is in the cfg.

What's the next step, please?

Uninstall all your liveries, and install them again via the livery manager.

You could manually add them, but it would be a lot of work. If you want to, I can add how to do it, though.

You're very kind. I'll do as you say tomorrow (time to eat now!) Thank you so much.

Jock

You probably installed SP1c - this overwrites the aircraft.cfgs and effectively deletes the livery entries. If you submit a ticket to my attention I'll send you a preformatted thing we have for dealing with this - you basically just need to let it delete the orphaned texture folders and it'll let you reinstall the liveries - you probably clicked no when it asked about deleting them.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you, Ryan. I actually clicked on Cancel I think when told that the folders already existed. I'll try to send a ticket to you - not sure how, but I'll try.

Jock

Further to my previous message, I am now happy to report that everything I want is now installed. I used the method suggested by KriVa and it worked a treat.

Thank you so much to all of you.

By the way, my version of the Livery manager is 1.12. I think I've seen references to a newer version but I've failed to find a link to download it. Does version 2.01 exist?

Jock