Sign in to follow this  
Civvy

big problems - please help...

hi, i've got the 737NGX and 600/700.

had FSX for years now and never ended up in such a pickle!

I have been purchasing a lot of payware over the last few months, some being successful and some not.

also, i've discovered some of my old aircraft have become invisible. of course i have the FSX SP1 & 2.

having had a number of faulty downloaded payware third party aircraft not function properly, i suggested to the support team of their products that this is rediculous and it must be my machine that has the problem.

it was agreed that i should uninstall and re-install FSX completly and start a fresh.

At first i was apprehensive about this because i have lost my PMDG product code!

Anyways, it turns out PMDG has re-installed without asking for the key and coincidentally so has

FSX.

After all this work (and im sure many of you can apreciate how many hours/ days this can take) i'm in a much worse position. and the invisible aircraft are still invisible!

The most concern i have is my 737NGX. it fly's but with faults - the cockpit is in-active as is the secondary control surfaces.

I have re-installed everything many times, and ended up doing system restores etc.

I really wish i could pay a shop to make it all better, but i cant imagine there is such a thing.

It's soooo frustrating waiting 48 hours for third party support. I can hardly sleep! ...don't know about you guys!

john

Does this apply to just default or all aircraft? If by 'invisible' you mean that they no longer appear on the aircraft selection page, make sure that you have ticked the 'Show all variations' box.

hi, thanks. there are two aircraft that are presently invisible. One has never been visible since purchase and one was visible until about 6 weeks ago.

you havnt answered the previous poster about what aircraft are invisibe and have you ticked the all variants , so if people give you a solution to try at least give them the answers so other users dont have to ask again the same question.

Just makes it longer for you to get your problem solved, one thing have you tried the highmemfix=1 in your fsx.cfg which is related to missing panels for the ngx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi, thanks for pointing that out.

All Aircraft appear on the Aircraft page.

All default Aircraft are working fine (not that I ever use them).

The all variants tick box is checked and the page is displaying all the liveries installed for said aircrafts.

The problem is with third party Aircraft (all except PMDG Base are downloads).

Thanks for the suggestion, I will reply with my findings.

John

Just a tip when you install fsx plus the patches:

Install fsx, then run it, let it configure then close,

Install sp1 then run, then close

Install sp2 then run, then close.

Same for the aircrafts.

Make sure you have administrator rights and disable your antivirus.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

John,

Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Windows system?

How much memory does your computer have?

If you have a 32 bit system with several payware, you may find FSX will run short on memory and panels disappear and some aircraft may become skeletons.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

John,

Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Windows system?

How much memory does your computer have?

If you have a 32 bit system with several payware, you may find FSX will run short on memory and panels disappear and some aircraft may become skeletons.

Regards

John, related to this post, make sure to read the intro manual, and remember to set HIGHMEMFIX=1 into the fsx config file.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

por930 - i am using 64 bit windows 7 home premium. 16gb ram.

will have a look at the other suggestions now.

ok, checked the cfg. file, it is Highmem is already set to 1. i think the bejotes tweeker must have done it.

still no joy.

another problem cropped up over the weekend.

it seems FSX isnt fully installed as it stops and says please buy FSX your time is up. - and multiplayer isnt an option on the main menu. is there somewhere i can enter the product key. I dont understand why it hasnt asked for it!?

regards

What I can suggest is to uninstall fsx, clean manually the folders and do a clean in the register with a registry cleaning tool, it will probably solve the problem.

Disable your AV, run all as administrator.

Then reinstall fsx. Before each patch run fsx and check if it is working.

This will setup fsx for your system.

Add your service packs and or acceleration (code is needed also for it)

After every product or patch installation, RUN FSX and let it configure. Check each time if all works.

Same for the ngx. Make sure you have the latest versions of all softwares.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

thanks i will attempt that.

I have found out that if i do a repair FSX from the disc, afterwards it hangs on the splash. but if i remove and install it gets me back to where i am now.

i dont know if this is linked but also discovered that my add and remove programs is being useless.

I was wondering if i had a virus (im using MSE) but its been throwing a code on startup for months. so tried to un-install...cant.

cant un-install firefox etc. etc.

why would FSX hang after a repair? seems the problem is deeper.

have a horrid feeling im going to lose my PMDG 737NGX forever 8(

If your problem is related to permanent damages due to a deleted virus, you may think to format the disk and reinstall OS plus programs.

Make sure, before doing it, that no other virus are still in the memory or it can survive to a format procedure.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

davierosoft: i have uninstalled FSX from the disc then deleted everything left in the C drive menu's relating to it.

have re-installed FSX, started it. then ran SP1, started it, then installed SP2. - still not been asked for the code.

am now installing PMDG from disc and i cant install direct X. it says the cabinet file cannot be trusted.

so, I remain with an inactive cockpit. Great news for me tho....I found the box with the PMDG product code!!

is it possible to cure this problem by installing it on my F HDD drive?

It sounds like a corruptd file to me.

If you have the ngx download version, and the link is still active, try to download it again, if not, I think a support ticket will be the fastest way to solve it.

Regards

Andrea Daviero