This looks like a truely amazing product and seems to be they are on track to deliver as promised, but this is not the right way to go about gaining "immersion" in a flight sim.

Which is really cool....though, there are a lot of aircraft that are very, very difficult to get to respect external hardware. You have to be a pretty serious hacker, sniff values, a lot of trial and error to see what the developer did under the covers. The devs are clever...sometimes too clever.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Exactly!!

This looks like a truely amazing product and seems to be they are on track to deliver as promised, but this is not the right way to go about gaining "immersion" in a flight sim. Imersion is sim involves building a cockpit, and populating it with working control inputs (buttons, switches, displays), then wrapping your cockpit with an OUTSIDE display. If you are flying IFR then monitoring these displays in your cockpit is all that matters. If you are VFR, then you look out the window to see where you are going, then you look at your guages, then you look out the window, then you look at your gauges...lather, rinse, repeat. How do you make an adjustment to a switch, guage, dial etc, with a pair of goggles on your face, especially in complex aircraft?

Now if you plan to fly your copy of Flight with an Xbox controller, then this might be the right way to get "immersion". Otherwise, it just doesn't offer any advantage for flight sim.

I have had almost a complete sim it was nice but expensive and it did not have motion.I sold it with no hard feelings.

Bad things about full sim is money,space, requires many parts,time and limited to that aircraft.

With a VR headset use ,touch pad,scroll wheel, track ball ,track ir and have goflight gp48 with knobs close to you for autopilot course etc...all while in your choice of aircraft in vc mode

Bolted my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog joystick to my chair with a base that is a hinge from say a fence gate to beable to move it out of the way when not in use or getting set in position.

VR is the way to go and if there is way will there is a way.....

I think best set up right now would be sony hmz t-2 and the JoyRide® Atomic A1 Ultra-Compact Motion Simulator.Although I would not buy the chair because I modded chair already.Just bolt it down to the motion base and get going.

Just ordered the sony hmz t2 from japan . I have the sony hmz t1 and it is awsome but heavy. 3d on the sony made me hate to fly 2d its that good.I don't know how many times I was wowed in 2d mode on a flat screen but with vr in 3d some times flying my girlfriend has to tell me shut up and stop saying wow.

So, I let her try and she started to see and say wow. You just have to try it thats all I have to say............ :blush2:

I have a rift on order, can't wait.

I'm also considering going down the jetmax/ 2/3 MIP route -- I already have the jetmax throttle...yes it can be quite an expensive hobby.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering