Sign in to follow this  

Addon menu problem

I've a problem with my addon menu. I have some addons and had a problem with Ezdok before, it was not showing up in the addon menu (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/397598-ezdok-not-working/#entry2578411). Deleted RAAS gave me some space for Ezdok again, no RAAS anymore but i could live with that. Now i bought Frankfurt Hahn X which creates a new line in the addon menu. Without this the addon cant run. Same problem as before is occured: Ezdok is gone. I've tried to deleted some dll's but it seems Ezdok and Frankfurt Hahn cant show up both in my addon menu. It is the one of the other. Can someone help me with this problem?

Can anybody help me?

Your addon menu is controlled by the entries in the dll.xml which is located in the same folder as your fsx.cfg. You need to make sure those entries are there. Sometimes, developers save your old dll.xml when they install their product. So the folder could contain several different copies. They are usually identified with the name of the product. So you could go back and rename one of those files to dll.xml and rename the current one from dll.xml to dll.corrupted. I do not know why your dll.xml is getting corrupted but you should have User Access Controls (UAC) disabled whenever installing addons as Windows security features sometimes prevent writing entries like to the xml.dll. You can read it but you cannot write to it. To disable the UAC, click on the Start menu, type User Access in the search box then look up in the Menu and click on Change User Access Control settings. Once you get there, pull the slider all the way down to disable it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

UAC is disabled. I have indeed some versions of the dll.xml, your advice is to change the dll.xml in one of the other versions?

I had a similar problem but my case was with the Maddog 2010. (I think the thread was "Down with the Maddog"?) As the topic is oldish I did not want to necro it but I did get it to work. My problem was I could not get the Maddog and FSCopilot in the same addon menu.

I'm not sure you HAVE to, but I uninstalled FSX and all addons. Cleaned out the regisrty. Defragged. I reinstalled FSX. Then SP1. Then SP2. At that point I installed the addons on I was able to get all addons in my menu selection.

From what I could deduce, the problem was simconnect. The dll file was correct. I was thinking of also just reinstalling simconnect over my existing FSX, so maybe if you do not want the hassle, you could try that first. (I know Opus has the Simconnect.msi file in their package but I'm sure you can find the file elsewhere if you conclude that a faulty simconnect is your issue.)

Just relaying my fix and good luck in finding a solution for yours.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I'm not going to reinstall my FSX, its about 200GB and I have not the time and motivation to do that... I hope another solution can help me...

UAC is disabled. I have indeed some versions of the dll.xml, your advice is to change the dll.xml in one of the other versions?

Yes. Either Frankfurt Hahn or EZdoz corrupted your dll.xml so that they cannot be seen on the Addon Menu. You can go into the dll.xml and edit it so that it is no longer corrupted (if you look at it hard, you will see how the entries are organized). Now, look for the one concerning EZdoc. Make sure the second line of that entry states <Disabled>False</Disabled>. If it says True instead, you need to change it to read False. If there are no entries, then you are going to have to go to the developer(s) and ask why or find someone with the proper entries so that you can copy and paste them into your dll.xml.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Here are my dll.xml and my exe.xml (as Ezdok is an .exe and not a .dll) Can you see any corruption in it?

dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ASE-Data</Name>

<Path>Aerosoft\ASE_DATA\AseData.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Exe.xml:

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<Path>f:\microsoft flight simulator x\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Couatl</Name>

<Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>false</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCALoader.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

I encountered this issue before. Try this:

1. In FSX.cfg, clear the [Trusted] section.

2. Start FSX, it should ask you to trust those modules or not. Click yes and then it should be ok.

Tell me if this works.

I dont get it, I installed RAAS and Ezdok after Frankfurt Hahn but both not showing up in my addon menu in FSX. This is how my dll.xml and exe.xml look like right now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ASE-Data</Name>

<Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\ASE_DATA\AseData.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>RAASPRO</Name>

<Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>false</Disabled>

<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>UT2</Name>

<Path>f:\microsoft flight simulator x\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>

<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Couatl</Name>

<Path>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

OK, i completely confused right now. I reinstalled FSX with SP1 and SP2. After that I only installed Ezdok and Frankfurt Hahn. Unfortunately still same problem, only 1 is visible in Addon menu in FSX which in this case is Ezdok. What to do right now?

Did you try the simconnect reinstall?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I did compelete reinstall of FSX, Is Simconnect part of that?

How can I reinstall Simconnect?

I had a similar problem but my case was with the Maddog 2010. (I think the thread was "Down with the Maddog"?) As the topic is oldish I did not want to necro it but I did get it to work. My problem was I could not get the Maddog and FSCopilot in the same addon menu.

I'm not sure you HAVE to, but I uninstalled FSX and all addons. Cleaned out the regisrty. Defragged. I reinstalled FSX. Then SP1. Then SP2. At that point I installed the addons on I was able to get all addons in my menu selection.

From what I could deduce, the problem was simconnect. The dll file was correct. I was thinking of also just reinstalling simconnect over my existing FSX, so maybe if you do not want the hassle, you could try that first. (I know Opus has the Simconnect.msi file in their package but I'm sure you can find the file elsewhere if you conclude that a faulty simconnect is your issue.)

Just relaying my fix and good luck in finding a solution for yours.

What did you do to clean out the registry. I'm having trouble getting the Maddog to show up in the addon menu on my 2nd PC. I've tried everything. I even copied my simconnect files from my main PC (where the maddog works) into the winsxs folder on my client PC. All I have on the 2nd PC is FSX, FSUIPC, and the Maddog - no idea what's going on with it.