Sign in to follow this  
Kronzky

Is MAAM still selling airplanes?

Is the MAAM online store still being attended? Has anybody ordered from there recently?

Or is it just a shell?

(Even though, no matter which time you visit the store it claims there are like a dozen other visitors online right now. But somehow I doubt that...)

Nearly a month ago I placed an order online for a plane download, and while my credit card was charged, until now I still haven't received anything.

I sent them three emails, I even called them twice, but I have not received a single email response, and while the last person I talked to (Lee) promised to look into it, nothing has happened whatsoever (this was two weeks ago).

I understand their software is "donation-ware", but I *would* prefer to get something in return for my "donation"...

Am I the only one with this kind of experience, or have others successfully purchased stuff from them recently?

Speaking as the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum webmaster, I can assure you the on-line store is indeed up and operating and attended every day. I administer the store software and assure you that a number of the browsing people you see on the counter eventually register or sign in, if they are already registered, and purchase products.

You haven't given me a name to go by, but I just did a search of the store order database using Montreal as the city and think I have your order ID'ed. If you are <name removed by mod at request of named>, your DL link was sent on to you on 1-6. If you read the details for the product you would have seen the warning that the store auto-mails are sometimes blocked by anti-spam programs or your ISP. All you have to do in that event is shoot me a message on the store, or an e-mail and I will rejuvenate the DL link and send it to you using my personal e-mail account. Any of these addresses will reach me.

<3 email addresses removed by mod Spiritflyer to prevent spam>

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill,

At the request of the person you mentioned above, I edited your post to remove his name.

Kind regards,

I did send emails to webmaster@maam.org twice: one on Jan 7th, and one on the 10th. Never got any replies.

Then I sent another one to maam@maam.org, on Feb 2nd, and got the same (non)-response.

Then I called — once on Feb.11th, and once on Feb 14th, and was told that the issue would be forwarded to the webmaster (which, I assume, is you). Nothing ever came out of that, either.

At the day of the order it looks like my email wasn't working, so that's probably why I didn't receive the automated confirmation. But that issue was fixed within days, and I also gave you other email addresses that would definitely have worked.

But I never received anything.

And yes, I constantly checked my spam box, so I think I did my part in this deal...

You mean January, not February, obviously. I could find nothing on the 2nd but here is my response on the 14th:

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 8:48 AM

Subject: FW: Order status

Hi (Your Name Removed),

I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble receiving the DL link. I checked back through my e-mail and could not locate the previous message you sent about the e-mail issue. Your auto-mailed link was probably a casualty of the e-addr issue, or may have been stopped by a spam program, either on your computer or at your ISP. This happens too often. In any event, below is a rejuvenated link, good for 48 hours. I just tested it to make sure the copy-paste worked, and it did. I’m sending this from my personal e-mail account to circumvent the spam business, in case that was the problem. Please let me know if you get this.

Cheers, Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

MAAM Webmaster

https://mmm1427.rapidsite.net/maamor/php/xcart/download.php?id=b82a53d697d1fd730ee8e42994f581aa

(the link is dead, so I have left it in place)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Checking your spam filter will do no good if these things are blocked by your ISP. g-mail is notorious for this, BTW.

I am sending you a new link by private message. Please let me know whether or not you receive it.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

For the record, I ordered the 4-CD set (TBM, B25, R4D and the "B-25 Info" CD) around Christmas and received them shortly after New Years, no problems at all with the order. I'm very happy with them, and glad I helped out MAAM a bit.

Today, I purchased "MAAM-SIM Douglas R4D/DC-3/C-47 - FSX DOWNLOAD

VERSION" , downloaded and installed. :lol:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Today, I purchased "MAAM-SIM Douglas R4D/DC-3/C-47 - FSX DOWNLOAD

VERSION" , downloaded and installed. :lol:

Asanal, were you able to get the yoke out of the way so you could read the instruments?

Bill,

At the request of the person you mentioned above, I edited your post to remove his name.

Kind regards,

Stephen, you should also edit the email addresses, to change the format or those people are going to get spammed to death by the spambots!!

People please do not post actual email addresses for the above reason!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Stephen, you should also edit the email addresses, to change the format or those people are going to get spammed to death by the spambots!!

People please do not post actual email addresses for the above reason!!

Thanks for the reminder Tom. Somehow I overlooked them. Can't imagine why because they were right in my face! It must be because I'm human i guess.

Kind regards,

Fatback,

I only fly with 2D panel. I have no problem with yoke. I checked VC mode, I see problem reading the instruments. But I can see FO instruments, There is one problem, Altimeter is missing. It is black. It is not much problem for me, seldom I switch to VC mode.

There is also one problem with 2D Cockpit. Forward view is high, obstructing the front view. I know there is a solution for it. I will find it.

MAAM DC-3 FSX, still better then other FSX DC-3.

I really upset for MAAM , I wish there is support to get back MAAM to Simworld

Here are three screenshots for you 2D&VC

http://img255.images.../9029/maam1.jpg

http://img809.images.../6541/maam2.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2613/maam3.jpg (Sorry this is the right MAAM DC-3)

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Asanal, were you able to get the yoke out of the way so you could read the instruments?

Is that possible? Sure would be nice.

There's a couple of fixes for it, one of which is on the MAAM site and the other you should be able to google. It involves an edit to one of the config files but neither fix worked for me. :(

Other than that it's a wonderful aircraft and no comparison to the default DC-3