Sign in to follow this  
antalves

Buggy JS41?

I think my JS is buggy, at least it gets "crazy" if:

- I close FSX and continue to fly some time later

- I do'nt close FSX, put pC in SLEEP mode, after awakening it

What "crazy" means?

- Engines are set on fire for themselves(...)

- AP is disconected

- Brakes work poorly after landing ( I'll need a longer runway

I'm using FSX , W7 Ultimate, 64b

Some suggestions, please?

By closing FSX are you saying you are trying to restore the flight from a saved file?

I would not call it buggy based on what you are doing, unless it does this stuff during a normal FSX session (full flight).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I reopen it from a saved flight. If I understood well these crashes are normal, unless I begin and end a flight, is it?

The J41 does

NOT save/load panel state. If you reload a saved flight, you'll need to set most stuff back up

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Engines are set on fire for themselves

If you do not monitor the EGT, the engines will catch fire. I don't think there are any protections against that, other than pulling back the power levers.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The J41 does

NOT save/load panel state. If you reload a saved flight, you'll need to set most stuff back up

Understood

If you do not monitor the EGT, the engines will catch fire

Engines burned alone. That's the craziest part

Are you starting FSX with all the "out-of-the-box" default settings in the "Free Flight" section? At first I had loads of problems with the J41 because I had saved one of my own flights and marked it as "default flight", and that was loading in the "Free Flight" screen from then on. Since going back to the original settings in "Free Flight", the J41 never gives me trouble. I think that's mentioned in the tutorial somewhere.

I have one of my flights in the J41 saved as "up-in-the-air", so that I can quickly brush up on landings or test out things that I have not tried before. Each time that I load it, I immediately have to check the flight config of the J41, such as setting up the auto pilot etc. but it always settles down with no burned engines or nasty stuff like that.

Make sure that you set your "Condition Levers" to "Full-Forward" before you load the saved flight, as the J41 does not like anything less than 96% on the RPMs, which the "Condition Levers" (prop lever if you are using a throttle quadrant) control. You will definitely BURN your engines if you are in "Taxi" mode on the "Condition Levers" while in flight.

I read somewhere so I do not put JS as Default flight. OK. From now on I'll (try) to remember of checking everything just after opening a saved flight. OK. I'll (try) remember also to see how Condition Levers are, first of all... :blush:

I did everything accordingly with your teachings, but turbines enter slowly in Reverse state after landing, resulting that even with brakes, JS has an enormous delay until it stops. There is nothing about written in the manual