Sign in to follow this  
JamesIceland

Flickering Mouse and 2D Cockpit Issues

Hi there,

I am running Prepar3d 1.4 on a 3 monitor set up Eyefinity - I have the PMDG 737 NGX working all fine and I have just installed FS2Crew to use with it.

Slight problem is that I need to switch to the 2D cockpit to get FS2Crew working - when I do I get no panel and then when I switch back the mouse just flickers and frame rates drop. I know that there are many posts about this and that changes need to be made to the panel.cfg file - I don't really know how to do this. Can someone perhaps send me an updated panel.cfg file to copy in so I can use the 2D cockpit without these issues? Or give me instructions (basic and simple please!) to change the settings so I can get this working?

Many thanks

James

Order number: 168757

Hi, anyone with any ideas here? I know it's a known issue so was hoping for a panel.cfg that could help solve things.

Be good to hear thoughts.

Thanks

Hi ... the maximum resolution for the 2D-cockpit is 1900x1200!

If you expand the window, you got the flickering cursor.

Tostart your FS2CREW. Press "ALT"Key, go to "VIEW", INSTRUMENTPANEL, select MAIN WINDOW FS2CREW

You can lock the panel, to haveit in all views

Michael

Thanks Michael, but our problem is that the manual for FS2Crew says to set FSX for 2D mode when it starts up....if we do that we get a cursor that is showing busy all the time and it drives you crazy.

Randy

I received a fix for this problem from PMDG Support.

This fixes the flashing or jumping cursor problem when using a 2D panel for those of us using "Eyefinity", "Surround" or TripleHead2Go.

Included are PANEL files for the 737NGX,...747-400 and the MD11.

Here is a link to the files...BE SURE TO READ THE README.TXT FILE.

I assume it is ok with Avsim and PMDG to share these files...I guess we will see.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20158346/PMDG_Surround_cfgs.zip

I hope this helps others with this issue.

Randy

This fixes the flashing or jumping cursor problem when using a 2D panel for those of us using "Eyefinity", "Surround" or TripleHead2Go.

I assume it is ok with Avsim and PMDG to share these files...I guess we will see.

https://dl.dropbox.c...rround_cfgs.zip

thanks for sharing :D

I've encountered the same issue as well and PMDG Support sent me the same files. I've loaded it up and some of the 2D panels are still not quite right, so I might have to do some tweaking this weekend....

Randy,

Thanks for sharing this as I am having these issues with my new build system.  When you install the new panel configs do I need to edit/replace anything or do I simply drop them in the 737-800 panel config folder?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Thanks Michael, but our problem is that the manual for FS2Crew says to set FSX for 2D mode when it starts up....if we do that we get a cursor that is showing busy all the time and it drives you crazy.

Hi Ran

Hi Randy,

I can't thank you enough for sharing this - after much time trying to change the PMDG 747 panel, I had the VC working but the 2D was only "acceptable". I plugged in the panel from the file you shared, and all of the screens look WONDERFUL!!!

I was putting off the tweaks to the PMDG 737NGX panels - in fact, I've had this plane for a few months now but have been flying the 747 for little hops like Phoenix to LAX - but after plugging the panel from your file, I can finally fly this plane too (I mean, learning how to fly it <g>).

Thanks again!!!