Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ultimate Traffic 2, My Traffic X, TrafficX, whats your favorite?

I have been using UT2 and so far loving it. What about the rest of you? Whats your favorite AI traffic addon for FSX? I'm looking for the best one.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm looking for the best one.

There is no "best one" honestly. They each have their strenghts and weaknesses. Since you're new here, maybe you've been lurking before you joined, but this is one of the most posted topics in the FSX forum that appears about once a week, asking which AI package is the best and there is really no clear cut answer since they are all difference. Personally I use UT2 like you and use the WOAI cargo packages since UT2 doesn't include much in the way of cargo. I'm happy with it and have also built some of my own AI traffic for carriers that wasn't available for UT2 or WOAI.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What is this cargo package you're speaking of?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

What is this cargo package you're speaking of?

I wasn't talking about a specific one, but stuff along the lines of FedEx, UPS, Kalitta, EVA, etc. UT2 doesn't include those, but it does include some limited cargo from some carriers but not cargo only carriers like the ones I mentioned. You can download and install some of those from World of AI, which by the way is closing down in April so if you want any of their package you might want to download them now. Just make sure after you install them that you convert any of the traffic .bgls it installs into FSX format so that it wont affect any other .bgl traffic that might have come with any scenery packages that you might have installed. WOAI wont affect UT2 at all since it doesn't use .bgl style flight plans, but if you own any sceneries that came with custom traffic, introducing FS9 style traffic .bgl's will cause those traffic not to show up. That's why they need to be converted to FSX format. Basically all .bgl based traffic needs to be in FSX format if you want it to show, one FS9 traffic .bgl mixed in can cause you to lose your traffic, except UT2 of course since it runs through simconnect and not a .bgl format.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My Traffic X Professional is my favourite. Love the variety of aircraft and liveries, and the models are very fps friendly. However it isn't perfect. Many liveries are outdated or wrong, and the fps friendly models do look fps friendly (very simple when up close).

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Guest Mik75

I really like MyTraffic 2013. Very easy setup and the results are absolutely convincing. Performance is not noticeably affected with traffic density slider set to 30%. And at major European airports (i.e. Aerosofts Mega Airports) I can see a lot of departing, landing and taxiing aircrafts around me. The quality of the AI planes is good enough for me. There may be higher quality ones, but good performance is more important to me!

For some reason in ut2 I don't see much activity at all. I even selected a busy airport such as klax and I have my ga and commercial traffic set at 100% for both. I am hearing a lot of ppl who use my traffic that even at 11% they get plenty of activity going on at their airport. Are you guys turning the built in ai traffic off? In my fsx settings I have it set to 0% since I'm using ut2's app to control that. Also I don't see ut2 in my scenery library unless its named differently. With a setting of 100% for both ga and commercial i would expect to see nonstop flow of traffic at the airport but I'm not. I just see very little activity.

My Traffic X Professional is my favourite. Love the variety of aircraft and liveries, and the models are very fps friendly. However it isn't perfect. Many liveries are outdated or wrong, and the fps friendly models do look fps friendly (very simple when up close).

That's pretty much my opinion, too. It's great, but kinda simplistic. However, I really love it, and the performance hit on my machine is very little (as opposed to UT2, which used to bring my computer to its knees)

I also "lucked" onto MyTrafficX professional and really like the mixture of AI (even if not 100% accurate) but I take very little FPS hit with it and I have a low end system. But as was mentioned before it really is an individual preference.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I don't regret buying Mytraffic 2013 at all, and I have been spendoing hours setting my plane on slew at various airports and watching the traffic and variety of aircraft.And the variety is huge, depending onwhich airport you go to. For example, Atlanta will have mainly Delta Airlines, Amsterdam mostly KLM, Heathrow mostly British Air, but also a variety of other aircraft. I have seen probably every aircraft in use, from Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, De Havilland, Embraer,and so on. On or near military bases I have seen C130s, C5s, C17s, Prowlers, AWACS, F18s, F16s, you name it. The landing and departure schedules seem to follow some real-life logic (i.e. North American heavies arriving in Europe mostly in the morning), but that may be an illusion...

This program makes airports really come alive, and I wouldn't do without it any more. I have it on both FSX and Prepar3D. As for the other programs you mention, I would not do without Ultimate Terrain and FScene, which vastly improve the terrain. I recommend these 3 programs without reservation.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Another thing My Traffic X 5.4b adds is more airports! This is an often overlooked feature of this program.

the following is from the description page on simmarket

Two dozen new airports – Flight Simulator X has a good coverage of airports in Northern America and Western Europe, but many important airports in other parts of the world are completely missing, not even a single runway. Included are now 12 completely new built addon airports, like the large Moscow area regional airport Byokvo, Myachkovo and Ostafyevo – you even can fly to Grozny now! MyTraffic X even delivers a complete brand new Mega Airport, a detailed version of VTBS Bangkok Suvarnabhumi is included and busy with international traffic. You also find the brand new airport of Lleida-Alquaire in Spain, and now a number of all new airports in China and India.

Not to mention

5,700,000+ weekly AI Flights - MyTraffic X includes over 5,700,000 (yes, that's correct – almost 6 million) AI flights per week between 8,262 airports in all regions of the world. These flights include international, national, regional, commuter, general aviation, cargo, amphibian airlines, military and touch and go circuits

5148 Liveries - MyTraffic X includes more than 5000 aircraft liveries and this number will keep growing, coming from about 2100 different airlines (among them 400 military units located at their home bases and 1600 civilian airliners).

201 Aircraft Models - From Airbus over Boeing to Yakolevs and Cessnas to Embraers, MyTraffic includes them all. All models are created with GMAX optimized for high frame rates even at very busy airports. 191 of these aircrafts with more than 5000 paints were created from scratch in the new format introduced with Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2, to remove display errors as well as to increase performance beyond the one offered by Microsoft stock planes. Bringing realistic AI traffic to all parts of the world, MyTraffic can be oftenly observed to provide better performance even with more aircrafts around you than FSX stock AI traffic.

MyCaptain Lite - MyTraffic X Professional not only brings you AI traffic of aircraft – you also get a novel concept of AI traffic for ships including design tools for it, and ready to use traffic in some selected areas.

I have used UT2 and while it has some very nice features, (i love the ability to print scedules) MyTraffic X 5.4b is my choice for an AI addon, even with the AI sliders in the sim set at 35% airliner and 30% GA traffic, the skies and airports are full of traffic.

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

I prefer UT2. Realistic Schedules and Realistic Flightplan. Updated for each season.

How long do you have to wait before seeing any sort of activity on the runways? I see very little if any. and I have my UT2 sliders set to100% for both commercial and ga. I know its working because when i go to view > aircrafts I can see a ton of planes, the list is long and runs all the way to the bottom, but I don't see much activity going on while I'm parked at the airport.

I have UT2. I recently upgraded my system and reinstalled FSX installing only the essentials and what I would actually use so left UT2 off my install.

I run the default FS traffic ORBIS or whatever it is. I just want to see traffic on the ground and in the air and couldn't care less about models, airlines and correct gates etc.