Sign in to follow this  
aaure48

Discover US and Europe

Hello, I recently installed the Discover US and Europe on my computer, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. When I am on FSX, I checked everywhere and couldn't find the ability to fly the missions from the Discover CD. However, when I am flying on FSX and try to save a file, I see that all the legs are saved there (Europe001, Europe002, etc). Clicking the "Show saved files" in the mission menu doesn't work for the Discover saved files I saw while saving a flight.

Does anyone know how I can fly Discover missions? Is there a load button somewhere?

Thanks!

I don't have any of those Discover packages, as I've been really disappointed by some other product from this publisher (I think it was some military choppers, back when I started this hobby). But from reading the product description, I'm not really sure if those are really missions. For me it seems more like packaged flight plans to some landmarks/sights, and a new airplane that comes along with each "Discover XXX" disc. But maybe I'm wrong, and someone who actually has this will jump in and correct me.

Regards,

Flo

I got this package bundled with my rudder pedals. I haven't used it very much but as Flo said in the package you get an airplane and a bunch of saved flights with IFR flight plans that together make up a tour of USA or Europe. There's also a map and a pdf file describing the legs. There are no missions, just go to the Free Flight screen and use the Load button to load one of the saved flights.

I thought it was a bit odd to use IFR flight plans, considering this is for sight-seeing. I tried one of the saved flights but cancelled the IFR after takeoff. I'd have been more impressed with this package if it did use missions, or if it included some additional scenery such as added landmarks to look at. Also the airplane is nothing special. I might use some of the flight plans but fly them with a better airplane, though I prefer to do my own flight plans.

Barry Friedman