Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

The New AAL Paint

Got an upclose look at the new paint on a B738. It looks much better than I expected. The fuselage color is "grayish" and at first glance appears to show the alunimum. The tail isn't bad at all upclose.

Boeing is still delivering some of the B738s in the old paint (as of yesterday anyway.) :)).

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

It's really cool to do a preflight on a brand new aluminum plane. They get tarnished pretty quick but it's like looking in a mirror when they're new. If they're still coming that way maybe I'll get a few more chances before the painted ones show up. I did see the 777-300 in the new paint yesterday. The livery isn't terrible but it doesn't say American Airlines to me. on the plus side to painting the planes some of our 737s are becoming a patchwork of grey paint aft of the wings. They are in the process of painting the whole aft underside of the fuselages grey but most of the planes don't have that yet. A full paint job will bring uniformity.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Personally think it would have looked a lot better with just the logo thing on the tail, not that huge garish flag thing...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Agreed. It's too busy. Too much going on like rah rah America. Like its trying too hard. My southwest buddy calls it Team America.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

My southwest buddy calls it Team America.

We used to call the old Colgan red/white/blue SAABs "Captain America" for similar reasons.

ColganSaab340BIAD20060101.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

It's growing on me. The bare metal will never be equalled, but I like the new design more than other concepts that have been floating around the net for the last few months.

Chris Hicks

Hahaha Finally, an AA livery that can be done in Flight Simulator. I'd give my right arm for the actual color mixes in the tail so I can get my repaint right.

Chris Hicks

Hahaha Finally, an AA livery that can be done in Flight Simulator. I'd give my right arm for the actual color mixes in the tail so I can get my repaint right.

Ditto for me. It's all guesswork without the exact color information.

I like the look and reminder that it's "American"airlines, nice to the flag flying around the world. By the way the whole livery look will probably change in the next few weeks , as all signs point to a merger with US airways.

That's one of the questions going on around here. Could this be the secretly agreed upon merger livery or is this Tom Horton's last shot at trying to keep AA a stand alone airline and keep his job. As I mentioned in another thread a big complaint about this new livery is the lack of an AA with an eagle. Every livery in the history of the airline has had that. I haven't come across anyone here at the airlines that likes the new livery. The best I can find is people who don't hate it.

Having done a few AA repaints myself yes getting the aluminum look is hard. Though I'm probably worse at getting metallic paint looking right.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Ditto for me. It's all guesswork without the exact color information.

Amen to that. I'm NOT a fan of guesswork! So far, the only colors I can confirm are silver mica for the fuse and dark graphite for the logo and registration lettering.

That's one of the questions going on around here. Could this be the secretly agreed upon merger livery or is this Tom Horton's last shot at trying to keep AA a stand alone airline and keep his job.

Looks like we might get an answer to that question in the next few days, at least according to the media.

Chris Hicks