Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Tracking the LOC?

Guest BeaverDriver

I've done a couple of flights lately where I've finished with an ILS approach. Strangely, the aircraft tracks a constant distance to the left of the LOC. It seems locked on the signal ok, and the GS is dead centre, but it's always left of the courseline. This is also true of tracking the course enroute. The longer the leg, the further off track it gets, but it always gets to where it should be eventually (except perhaps on the LOC course - I've always disengaged the A/P and hand flown the LOC once it was obvious it wasn't going to intercept it). Any ideas what might be happening here? The NGX is fine, as are my other aircraft so I have a feeling it's something I'm missing in my setup somewhere.

Appreciate the help :smile:

Hi Glenn,

This is a strange problem. You might want to try the Flight1 registery repair tool. That seemed to help many users with all kinds of strange FSX problems.

If it doesn't help you might want to submitt a ticket at PMDG.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Guest BeaverDriver

Thanks Jonathan. Sounds like a good idea. Before I do that though, the FMS Guide does describe a procedure by which you can lay in an offset course that parallels your route. I'm wondering if I've somehow put one in without realizing it as it sure behaves in that manner. I might have a look tonight at that and see if maybe I haven't done that. My other aircraft seem fine so my feeling is that this is "finger trouble in the cockpit" between me and the MD-11.

Thanks much for the help Jonathan. I'll let you know how it comes out :smile:

Guest BeaverDriver

Hmmnn. I found this thread here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/271375-fsx-md11-irsoffset-problem/ which looks exactly like what I have. Unfortunately the link inside that thread is no longer valid so I'm not sure exactly what the solution was, but it sounds like the Registry Fix didn't work for that fellow, and at this point, there's no way I'm uninstalling and reinstalling all my add-on's for one airplane. :unsure: I'll check out the possibility I set in an offset myself, but after reading the guide since my last post, it's a procedure that I think is something you really have to do consciously. I may be screwed, but I might try reinstalling just the MD-11 and see if that helps. I'll let you know :(

Guest BeaverDriver

Thanks a bunch there Clark! I'll do that tonight. Much appreciated!

Guest BeaverDriver

Well guys, gotta say a huge THANKS!!! Worked perfectly! Well, almost perfectly. It tracked beautifully all the way from CFB Greenwood (CYZX) to just short of Bagotville (CYBG). I couldn't pick up the LOC at Bagotville for some reason (this is add-on scenery so the ILS frequency may have been changed in that), but it tracked right to the final WP dead on. So that solved that issue.

Now, for a "returning issue", I went to lower the gear and only the centre gear would come down. I think there was a message on the EICAS that said something about hydraulic pressure. I've had this numerous times before and gave up flying it because of that. I've just returned to it and this is my 3rd flight in the aircraft. The other two flights the hydraulics were fine. So, if anyone has any ideas on how to solve that, I'd be most grateful. Otherwise, I guess it gets parked for good which would be a real shame because I really like this airplane.

Thanks for the past help, and in advance if anyone knows how to fix the gear problem.

Hi Glenn,

This is a strange problem. Maybe you can reacrate it and take two screenshots when the problem occurs. One of the overhead pannel and one of the HYD page (on the 4th display).

Best regards,

Jonathan

Guest BeaverDriver

Good Morning John,

Yeah, this is a weird one. I remember now the last time this happened I took out (disabled) FSUIPC and my problems seemed to stop. However, FSUIPC has been enabled for all 3 flights since I picked the MD 11 up again and the gear failure has only happened once, so it's obviously random if it's FSUIPC. I've disabled it again now and we'll see how the next few flights go. All that said, I'm using the Tutorial #1 for my "checklist" but loading the aircraft with the Short Turn panel option. It's possible there is a step somewhere that I'm not performing that needs to be, so I'll make a checklist based on Tutorial 2 and simply pick it up from the Short Turn point and see if that helps any. I strongly suspect it is finger trouble in the cockpit here as I've not seen others reporting this issue. FWIW, I'm running W7-64 with tonnes of RAM and more HD space than you can shake a stick at so those aren't issues I wouldn't think. So, I'm pretty sure there is something I'm doing/not doing that should be done, but if it happens again, I'll for sure grab a whack of screenies and throw them up (probably start a new thread under the heading of "Gear Failure"). One thing I DO know - it's not the missing slash at the end of the FSX path in the registry now, thanks to you guys :smile: . If you don't mind, and you see such a post by me, could you drop by and give me your thoughts please?

Thanks a bunch again. You've been a huge help.