Sign in to follow this  

JetBlue Orders $3Billion in EMBRAER 190s

Guest Joshieca

Looks like JetBlue is on the move...wonder if they are going to ditch their Airbus line??Embraer today announced an order from JetBlue Airways for 100 EMBRAER 190 airliners with deliveries starting in the third quarter of 2005. The airline also took options on 100 additional EMBRAER 190s. The total value of the firm contract at list price is US$ 3 billion, with a potential value of more than US$ 6 billion if all options are converted. [div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/|http://members.cox.net/joshieca/JDU60px.gif][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

>>>Looks like JetBlue is on the move...wonder if they are going to ditch their Airbus line??<<

Guest Joshieca

Heres a photo of their new jet....15856.jpg

Maybe they are starting a Regional division.

Guest Joshieca

>>>Maybe they are starting a Regional division.That's what I was thinking, but those 190's have a range of about 2400 miles....that should cover a west coast - east coast route for the USA. I was just wondering if they are going to the smaller jet so that they could fill up each flight. Maybe they want to start to do a lot of short hop's, sort of like what Southwest Airlines does?

@flynmanAmerica the country of the free! It's really interesting how free and openminded this country, or better some of their citizens is/are. Well, free as long as America is first.Maybe you should ask yourself if you and your fellows got the idea right of what is meant with free. And if I were you I would not speak disregardless about a thing that has been invented by myself! Sorry to say this but I can't stand such selfish and unqualified comments!Greatings from a part of the axis of the evil, formerly know as Germany!Toby

>@flynman>>America the country of the free! It's really interesting how>free and openminded this country, or better some of their>citizens is/are. Well, free as long as America is first.>Maybe you should ask yourself if you and your fellows got the>idea right of what is meant with free. And if I were you I>would not speak disregardless about a thing that has been>invented by myself! >>>Sorry to say this but I can't stand such selfish and>unqualified comments!>>Greatings from a part of the axis of the evil, formerly know>as Germany!>>Toby>>This has nothing to do with freedom but taking care of the homeland first. The Embaers that they have purchased could have very well been Boeing 737NG but Jet Blue has gone European because of the insentives that the EU has been able to give as well as the payment deffermants that Airbus gave them. Unfortunatly The USA goverment cannot compete against 800 thousand $$$ in price slashes to sell Jets as they did for EasyJet and they also did the same for JetBlue so it stands to reason that Boeing cant either.The Europeans have been trying to cool off the USA economy and by GEORGE they have found away.Jet Blue finds it proper and profitable to do biz as a US carrier but apparently they dont find it proper to do major biz with USA companys......Makes me wonder where Jet Blue buys their peanuts.

Didn't JetBlue just order like 65 A320's a few months back too??Btw - that EMB-190 looks like an A320 ripoff anyways. Why didn't JB just buy the A318 if they wanted an RJ? That way they could have maintained cockpit commonality etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest estevesm

By the way, EMBRAER is a multinational company with headquarters in Brazil. It is not an european company.Just my 2 cents...

Still a none USA company.

Guest estevesm

>>>Still a none USA company.>That's right, but that's caused by something called "globalization". Brazil's economy is not doing great either and most of the aircraft flying there is either Boeing or Airbus (both non-brazilian). That's because at the time they were bought/leased the price/quality combo Boeing and Airbus offered was better than Embraer's (or any other company). TAM bought Fokker aircraft when they could get a good deal.That's the same reason why you see Boeing aircraft flying in Europe and Airbus aircraft flying in US.You can't ask JetBlue to buy a more expensive aircraft (I'm not sure but probably there are other reasons other than price) just because they are made here in US. That just doesn't work.

Guest mikehaska

The reception the a318 has garnered thus far has been lukewarm, at best. The tail is much taller (indicating flight dynamics problems like those experienced by the 736), so it can be difficult to maneuver in height restricted areas (beneath bridges or in hangars). As well, the engines are so far forward that they hinder jetgate operations.The problems associated with the a318 make it unappealing to switch to over the a319 or it's other competitors, like the ERJ-190 or CRJ-900. You can expect this model to become another L-1011 or 747-SP. Too niech-oriented to ever be popular.

Guest cw1011

I also know that you probably don't want to let anything like facts get in the way of your argument, but: The Embrear is a regional jet, the 737 NG is not. There are no American makers of commercial regional jets. Boeing doesn't play in that market. The Ebraere is made in Brazil, not Europe. Or did you think Brazil was in Europe? Given the state of our educational system, that wouldn't surprise me. You are also missing one simple truth. You have the right not to fly Jet Blue, which, since the deal is not an illegal one, is the way the American, free market system is designed to work. Where do you shop? Walmart? Target? Good american companies, right? Walmart especially likes to wrap itself in the American flag. They even pulled flight simulators off the shelf after 9/11 because they were cleary a national security threat. Of course they didn't pull any guns off the shelf after Columbine, or after twenty or thirty other school shootings around the country, but we all know how un-american that would have been. I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the fact that Walmart sells more guns than any other retailer in America. No, that couldn't have been a factor. Yep, these are good american companies that obtain much of what they sell from offshore, and mostly from countries like China. Yes, China. Not the good old USA where Walmart makes its money. Why? There is no money to be made in "buy american." The public has spoken and they have shown again and again they don't care. Just walk down any main street in middle america that has been destroyed by big box retailers. I'm guessing you won't have to drive far. Price is king - and the lower the better. So your suggestion that a company, which exists to create value for its owners/shareholders, would make a decision about its largest capital expenditure on patriotism alone is at best, naieve, and at worst suicidal. A bad deal could cripple an airline like Jet Blue which has to keep its costs down. There is simply no money in it. Americans don't care. Apart from frequent business travelers who have a vested intererst in the form of frequent flyer perks, America buys airplane tickets based on price. Period. Most Americans wouldn't know where the plane they fly on is made. Fewer would care about it unless one had crashed recently. When you fly, do you insist on a Boeing jet? Do you turn around and go home when you see at an Airbus, a Fokker, a CRJ? You might. Its your right. But the rest of America doesn't. And the airlines don't either. Not one of the majors has an all american fleet. Delta is closest, but they still have some old airbuses in their colours for international routes. Do you think SW buys 737s becuase their american? NO, they bought them becuase their business plan called for one type of airplane to keep maintenance cheap and that plane turned out to be the 737 becuase there was no airbus when they were founded. And do you think they get a good price out of Boeing? I'm guessing they are as good as Walmart at extracting the very best price. If it was profitable, Jet Blue would have bought Boeings. It clearly wasn't the most cost effective option. Period.