Sign in to follow this  
Stelios

PMDG 737 NGX and FSBUILD 2.4

II usually do my flight plans using the FSBuild 2.4. With the FSBuild you can assign in departure and arrival section the runways to use as well. in the Build section you also have the option to include SID/STAR. When you import this generated flight plan into the FMC will it include these SID/STAR?

Is it necessary within the FMC in the arrival/departure section to choose the arrival ILS runway and use the STAR ways that apply to this runway? because when do that in the legs section of the FMC I find (after the chosen runway) points that display altitudes. What I do is delete these? is that how it works. Because if in the generated plan from FSBUILD is taking into account the SID/STAR then I don't have to set the arrival runway in the FMC.

Your comments will be appreciated.

stelios

Stelios Christofides

Hello Stelios,

I never export SID/STAR data from FSBuild for any a/c add-on that uses an FMC, and I believe it is recommended that you use the FMC to setup these procedures within the NGX FMC itself. Another reason been how do you know which runway, SID & STAR will be used based on weather and other factors, unless you rebuild the plan again with FSBuild.

The altitudes you refer to are part of SID/STAR restrictions and also the missed approach procedure for the arrival runway?

Even in the real airplane we uplink the flight plan with no SID or STAR. We manually select those after the flight plan is loaded. Thats how I use FSBuild too.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Thanks guys for your answers. I just want to know then, how do you choose which SID and STAR to use of the particular ILS runway you have chosen? In the simulation world not the real world.

stelios

Stelios Christofides

I usually look up the routing on flight aware. That only really works well for flights in North America. For Other regions I just try to find a SID or STAR that has a fix that is common to my flight plan so they will seamlessly link together.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg