Sign in to follow this  
FloG

[RESOLVED] What happened to "auto-locked" threads?

I couldn't help but notice, that in the past few days some really old threads were kind of revitalized. I also noticed, that older threads do no longer carry the message that "The thread is older than 180 days, and particiation would be of little use", or something like that. Has this feature been disabled in order to speed up the forums?

I actually found this feature quite reasonable, since now you have to read through a whole new topic in order to get to the new posts(I know, it's not always neessary, but sometime you don't get the whole discussion, then), and those posts often don't really have much to do with the OP, or they really are of no use, as the question was asked years ago. (e.g. a question from I think 2011 about good UK scenery, where we now get the answer that ORBX did England. Where's the use in that?)

Another thing that puzzles me everytime I start re-reading such threads, is the presence of Alan Bradbury in those threads (btw, anyone know anything about him? I hope he's well!), so everytime I read through such threads I think "Yeah, Chock is back!", and then looking at the date, I'm a bit disappointed.

Thank you in advance for your explanation.

Best regards,

Flo

I also noticed this. I agree when you talk about out dated scenery, but what if someone wants to bring back a discussion that never really concluded?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

what if someone wants to bring back a discussion that never really concluded?

Start a new topic with a link to the old one. Maybe a quick summary as well, for those who don't want to read 50 posts.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Some folks have noticed that users can now browse our forums with IE8 again. There are several very minor add-ons that were disabled/removed and some things are working as they should now. Unfortunately I don't think this one is coming back.

The auto lock caused no end of problems, not the least of which it prevented access to historic information that some wanted to be able to access and update.

Ok, I understand. Thanks for the clarification, Tom!

Regards,

Flo

The issue discussed within this thread has been resolved. If you experience a similar issue, please make a new post referencing this issue so we may better assist you.