Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 2/5/13 - Waimouku Falls

Today we're back in Hawaii looking for another waterfall. This one is on Maui. It also sounds familiar. I'll have to check this out.

Enjoy.

Note - This is a repeat of 10/12/12 except the description is slightly changed. I checked it in the sim, and It showed I had not collected it, which I did on 10/12. So, I flew over and collected it again. I guess all can do the same unless the AOTD changes later this afternoon.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Good, if this is a repeat, I did not have it. Have now, love flying out of Hana. Is Hana the only airport in FLIGHT that has a sign with the airport name? I don't recall seeing any others!

Actually I think it is Waimoku falls, without the "U".

Steve

Steve - This one was really weird. I thought the name sounded familiar. When I checked my AOTD log, sure enough, there it was on Oct., 12. I had collected it then and it was worth 5000 ep's. I also collected it today where it was worth 2000. I guess the older they get the less they are worth, kinda like us. :lol: :lol:

On 10/12, the description was, "Located at the head of the Pipiwai Trail on Maui". Not the same today. Also, you are right. The one on 10/12 was spelled Waimoku and today's is "Waimouku". Maybe I have some more research to do. They could be completely different falls and just named similarly. I'll check this out.

Veeeery Interesting, said Col. Klink.

I just checked out my trusty Hawaii Waterfalls website, and it only shows one Waimoku. So I guess today's cache was a bonus due to a misspelling. :lol:

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I know nothingggggggggggggggggggggg, Well, maybe I did already have it. :good: :good:

Steve

The scenery guys were very meticulous. :O I visited the Seven Pools at Maui and ... there they were! No, not the scenery guys ;D , the pools!

One and Two

Seven_Pools_01_zpsb33f1bf5.jpg

Three

Seven_Pools_02_zpsf773d172.jpg

Four

Seven_Pools_03_zps07599a16.jpg

Five

Seven_Pools_04_zpsa776af3b.jpg

Six

Seven_Pools_05_zps4a44b419.jpg

And Seven

Seven_Pools_06_zps62253d85.jpg

Incredible! I was shaking my head in amazement, parked at Kapalua.

Kapalua_zps937e5d35.jpg

Best regards.

Luis