Sign in to follow this  
Captain007

Virtual Cockpit Zoom Setting and Frame Rates

What are folks typically using for their virtual cockpit "zoom" setting? I am routinely seeing .70. Also, I have an Intel i7, 960@3.2GHz, 2.79 GHZ, 24 GB Ram, 64 bit Windows 7 OS . . . dedicated hard drive. Any thoughts on what I can reasonably expect for fps. I'm currently using 30 . . . interested in trying higher numbers but would like to hear from any with experience doing this. Thank you.

There are a good number of zoom threads in the forum here. It's a tradeoff of function versus realism.

Realistic zoom and angles: 1.00

Realistic field of view: 0.00

Find what you like in between. You're sacrificing some of both at all zoom levels in between. Life's a tradeoff.

I've written a lot more out there a bunch of times. If you're interested, I'm sure you can find one or two of 'em.

Kyle Rodgers

From what I wrote on another recent thread:

The WIDEVIEWASPECT FSX.cfg setting also makes a significant difference. With it disabled, I use 0.30 zoom in the VC. With it enabled, I use 0.53 zoom in the VC. I use a 27" monitor.

How do you adjust zoom setting please?

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Any thoughts on what I can reasonably expect for fps. I'm currently using 30 . . . interested in trying higher numbers but would like to hear from any with experience doing this.

It depends on the airport, flight state (e.g., cruise: better performance; taxi: poorer performance), and other add-ons (camera effects, traffic, weather, etc.). If you use appropriate medium-high settings and popular add-ons such as EZCA, FlyTampa or FSDT airports, and REX, I would imagine around 20 frames/s at airports and at least 25 frames/s during cruise and in exterior views. Using DX10 may significantly improve performance.

Remember that these are very general approximations.