Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Best Freeware International Airport Scenery

So, for major airports, what are your favourite freeware addons?

So far I've been very pleased with:

* Lebor Simulation OLBA

* SunSkyJet KPHL

* Bleedair Mogadishu X3

* Ant's Brisbane

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

KONT Ontario, CA by Shez is superb. It's a class C airspace.

And while not large, KHQM by Orbx is excellent.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Max Kraus - Paphos Int'l LCPH (Cyprus), Barbados TBPB, not sure if he's made others, look up his name. Very nice looking stuff, and AES-compatible.

Definitely KPHL. I also like UKBB, KONT, OLBA. Blue Print also offers TJSJ and TBPB as freeware.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Above all is by far UKBB.

Then the 3 Max Kraus sceneries, TBPB, FIMP, LCPH.

Then UNNT and then the freeware GCLP.

PS: KHPL is extremely buggy for me. The only airport out of hundreds (free and payware) that gives me a CTD on every plane, some time after take off. I never have any other CTDs.

I never use it.

OSDI by Vedat Sencan is my favorite. Although a little old, it has great detailing and a bunch of small features that are very true to life and it also very FPS friendly SunSkyJet KPHL's modeling and texturing is obviously superior, but it brings my system down to a crawl. OLBA is also good )probably my 2nd favorite), but I don't like the photo real textures as the taxiways.

KONT Ontario, CA by Shez is superb. It's a class C airspace.

You mean by Shehryar Ansari?

You mean by Shehryar Ansari?

Yep I just went by his nickname cause I can't spell his full name.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

UKBB, UUEE are really good sceneries, but Borispyl(UKBB) beats Sheremetyevo by far.

Max Krause's sceneries are wonderful, too.

I have yet to go to PHL and Beirut, but judging from screenshots and the comments on those two here on the forums, they are must-haves, too.

Flo

Yeah Mark Kraus's work is exceptional. Ant's Ballina is also really nice!

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll be spending the day downloading :)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

All of the above are excellent choices, another fine Asian scenery that I just love flying into is UAAA Almaty, Kazakhstan. The airport scenery itself is just amazing for freeware. You can also find a wonderful photo-scenery by Massimo Liperi that compliments the airport and makes the approach even more enjoyable. While you're there you can do a short hop across the himalyia's to Katmandu or Paro for some challenging approaches. Here are the links for FSX, think it's also available for FS9........Enjoy!

http://www.avsimrus....wnload&id=31049 UAAA

Photo-scenery comes in four downloads

http://library.avsim...php?DLID=164289

Make sure airport has higher priority than photo in your scenery library.

As already mentioned in another thread, the Quebec City airport version 3 (CYQB)along with the Quebec city scenery (both free) are very good. When combined with Ultimate Terrrain and FScene, it is practically photograph quality. MyTraffic 2013 adds realistic air traffic.

Henri

Henri Arsenault