Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Why is the Jetblue Embraer thread locked?

This is an interesting topic. Why is it locked?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

It was starting to head into NASTYLAND

cw1011 wrote a very intelligent post regarding the "buy american" notion you floated. Now that corps are so global, the buy american thing is only american fantasy. it harkens back to a time in which a purchase would largely impact the economy of the local area in which the purchase was made. This idea is quaint, but obsolete.consider, in the discussion, the fact that jetblue may be the only carrier today with notions of expansion. If an airline in today's economy can find a way to survive, perhaps even profit...I'm impressed...that's a far more important concept than "buy american"...and I'm speaking as an american aerospace contractor. You realize that americans do well if Embraer gets significant business, right? Maybe not those that wear a boeing badge, but what does Boeing really do? They don't "make" very much, you know. They design, and assemble parts made by a huge number of other companies, most of whom also sell to Embraer. That's the whole nievetee regarding "buy american"...as thou American's benefit when Boeing sells a plane, and Brazilian's benefit when Embraer sells a plane....that's just silly. My company sells to Embraer, as well as Boeing. And my company is American! Its foolish to consider the American aerospace marketplace to be defined as "Boeing". The next tier down is a HUGE econimic marketplace, which bids on a worldwide basis for business.Notice that GE engines will be sold with the Jetblue order. Does this benefit America? well, sure, and probably lots of other nations too, guess what...GE may be incorporated in America, but its doing business in dozens, perhaps hundreds of countries worldwide.If you want America's economy to be best served, advocate whatever promotes airlines to thive, meaning many more Jetblues, thank you. Let them make their profit, however they must, using whatever "brand" aircraft that sells. The world will win, meaning America as well.The big loser would be an economy that holds onto obsolete, quaint notions all the way to bankrupsy. Bob Bernstein

It would be my hope however far off reallity that one day if JBU decides to start for example service between KJFK and EGLL that JBU would then consider balancing the economic teeter-totter and consider Boeing for 747-4 or 777-2s.After all those 320s and 190s are not quite ETOP capable.RegardsDid you read the story about Boeing and Russia thinking of colaborating on a project????Look on the KOMOTV.com site

I guet the feeling this thread is going to turn into a continuation of the other thread, and therefore also get locked......I could go on about any US airline being free to buy any aircraft they want (including embraer and airbus), but I'd rather not contribute anything more to getting this thread locked than I just did..... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I was hoping someone would come along and raise the points you did Bob... We have a supplier here in AZ that delivers seats to just about every mfr, from Airbus to Boeing.My question--how does this change the cost factors for Jet Blue? Jet Blue and SWA have moderated their costs in part by keeping standard fleets. I had a chance to meet the CEO, and many members of the Jet Blue team, while they were staying at a hotel near JFK where I was assigned to deploy a LAN back in '99. For several evenings I got to share their company while we all unwound in the lounge. They are an enthusiastic bunch, and I did not meet one team member that I didn't like. I would phone my wife each evening and share with her some of the stories "this crazy bunch from a new airline" would share about their training and other experiences.-John