Sign in to follow this  
dho112

Wow! Now that's realism :)

I'm not certain what the odds are, but I fly for DeltaVA and flew a real world flight in real time, while tuned into LiveATC.net to Chicago center, and running Ultimate Traffic 2at 100% traffic with the latest update to the flight schedules, and as I was flying along I spotted Canadian 511 in front of me by its on screen flight marker data, and all of a sudden there is a callout from Chicago Center on LiveATC.net talking to Canadian 511 to climb to cruise altitude with a course adjustment. LoL! It doesn't get much more real than that! :)

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

Cool! Without intentionally matching times, the most coincidental event I have experienced in FSX has been taking off immediately after a flight I had ridden in real life (EVA Flight 855).

That's really cool.

I'm not certain what the odds are, but I fly for DeltaVA and flew a real world flight in real time, while tuned into LiveATC.net to Chicago center, and running Ultimate Traffic 2at 100% traffic with the latest update to the flight schedules, and as I was flying along I spotted Canadian 511 in front of me by its on screen flight marker data, and all of a sudden there is a callout from Chicago Center on LiveATC.net talking to Canadian 511 to climb to cruise altitude with a course adjustment. LoL! It doesn't get much more real than that! :)

How do you get the real world flight plan at the time *and* was scheduled? It'd be cool to do that.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I love when things like that happen, once I did something similar flying a real world route with real world callsign and was monitoring liveatc and just as I was on final I heard the controller clear my callsign to land.

Thank you for the report

Regards;

Fritz

I didn't even think about that Air Canada or Canadian, but the ATC controller on LiveATC.net was definitely calling the Air Canada flight "Canadian five-one-one" and it was marked onscreen as Air Canada 511. Is it a bit of a shortcut for the controllers? THe way they call certain aircraft Speedbirds, or Cactus?

Apologies for the posting of this in the PMDG section. It was because I was flying a PMDG 737 and I was just used to posting in the PMDG sections :)

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

I don't think controllers may take this kind of shortcuts, as the pilots expect to be adressed with the airline callsign (in this case it would be Air Canada), and the flight number. The reason that some fligths in fact are referred to as Speedbird or Cactus is that this really is their callsign (BA's callsign is Speedbird, coming from the former BOAC logo and callsign), and some (I don't think all) US Airways flights have Cactus as their callsign, since that was America West Airline's sign before they merged with US Airways. Hence the pilots of those airlines expect not to be called British AIrways or US Air.

Happened to me a few years ago. I went to DFW to pick up my girlfriend at terminal D. When I was entering the airport I saw a Sun Country a/c landing and by the time I went thru the toll gate and got to terminal D it was parked next to a Luthansa. When I got home after being at the airport I was in the mood for a quick trip around the circuit. I loaded DFW up and low and behold the Sun Country and Luthansa were at terminal D and in the same parking slots I had seen an hour earlier in real life. I was so amazed that I called my girlfriend in to show her. Even she who doesn't care much about simming though it was prety cool that the same airlines were parked in the same place at the same time just like in real life.

Was running WOAI at the time so I guess the schedules happened to be in sync with the actual schedules at that time. Similar things like that have happened to me a few times since.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

i experienced this a lot with UT2 it is realstic and thats what i like about UT2 planes are just not flying for no reason , to test this for more accuracy i looked up a scheduled flight from flight+ application on the phone and waited at a airport , and there it was

I sat parked at KPHX for a little while and saw a whole bunch of USAir traffic. According to FlightAware, they didn't have any flights during that time. Still, some of the flights I checked did correspond to the RW even if the airlines were off...from Anchorage and St. Louis, for example. Pretty cool.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM