Sign in to follow this  
Mr.midnight

Well im back again and im still getting this software up and running had a few probs but it working pretty good

im running a 9 monitor set up with 4 coms netted toghether.

the 4th com with two monitors is the one i decided to add opus as a client for views.

i know its possible and i have been reading , i want to run two views with one computer.

the extreme laft view and the right view.

As im setting up my client left view thru the server config, i add a new camera and put in -90 then hit enter i have my left view then i save it.

But how do i make a right view, how do i open a new window other than hitting the left bracket to open a window.

when i hit the left bracket to open a window and then click on it to create a new view nothing happens it will change the one window only.

i can hit shift right arrow and then i can create my right view and undock it and move it over , but that way opus not control it.

So how can i safely run two views in full mode on a single client machine , i know it can be done i just a little lost.

But as for everything else this opus is turning out to be a good product.

i have all files shared and secured .

Thanks...Robert

Hi Robert

You need to create a windowed view for your second view, there is a description of windowed views in the Live Camera guide. I will include an example of setting up a windowed view soon.

Regards

Cheryl

Ok, I've now included a new example within the Live Camera guide.

This example describes how to set up a forward and two windowed side views. For your setup with just two views you can set up one default (non-windowed) view as the main view (e.g. the left view) and then set up one windowed view for the right view.

http://www.opussoftw...Live_Camera.pdf

The main thing to remember with windowed views is that after creating your windowed view you must,

• select a different aircraft type then reload your original aircraft in order to force FSX to reload the modified aircraft.cfg file
  • undock and reposition the window(s)
  • using Save Win to save the positions

To subsequently display the windowed views you must manually undock the windowed views and then use Restore Win to restore the window positions.

hello i guess im kinda confused , i now have the main server showing the front view.

on the second client i have two monitors hooked up to it , on the left monitor i have set up the left view , and im now wanting to set up the second view right on the second monitor ,

i now have a good front and left view alignment is excellent , how do i achive a right view on the same computer , when i try to create a right view it only controls the left view.

thanks..........Robert

If I understand you correctly then you have two monitors on your client, in that case one view should be non windowed and the other windowed.

Have you tried this arrangement?

Cheryl

One view will obviously be the main FSX view with a second Windowed View. But you must read the Live Camera manual and fully understand what Windowed Views are in FSX and what limitations there are in displaying and editing them. There is NO facility to control or edit Windowed Views, its impossible, hence you edit them in the main simulator's view, even though they are intended for a Windowed View. All Windowed Views MUST be configured in the aircraft.cfg file for FSX to display them. They MUST be docked and undocked manually, you cannot do it in software. But the LC interface can help you to reposition and resize them after they have been created.

Please read the manual and fully understand what they are and how they have to be displayed and what limitations there are within FSX. You will need to know this before attempting to use them, then the editing tools in LC will become clear. You will find all you need to know in the manual.

Regards

Stephen

My friend i assure you i know Fsx im just trying to get a grasp on your software , i have been running a 8+ monitore set up for about 8 years back when i was running FS9.

Getting views is not my problem i can get another computer to handle the right views , the main problem is that im in a apartment until my home gets repaierd, will be for about 11 months.

i have minimal power to run all four coms and 8 monitors and a laptop in one room , so i had to split up my resourses and run elec cordss around my apartment.

Wife turned on a portable heater and well you know.

So while im ramblin thats the reason for two views on one monitor, its a matter of available hook ups.

My home is well supplied for my hobby.

So Cheryl is correct one in windowed mode and right in full mode.

But i will tell you this after i got it working , im now scramblin to figure out again what triggered me to get locked out again from my client , im now getting user name password.

somthing is triggering this to happen when i use or save a camera view.

And i assure you i have properly saved all files .

Once i get this software in sync , i still thinks its worth its money.

Thanks..........Again I will leave you folks alone im sure you have anawered enough of my questions..............Robert

Hi Robert,

Have you configured your firewall to allow OpusFSX through, and turned off any anti-virus software?

Cheryl

Well hello folks im back and i must tell you i like this software.

how ever i do have a few other questions if i may ask.

1. i got the opus to start automatically when fsx starts , does this also start the client or do i have to start it.

2. after im all set up and ready to fly and i take off i notice this lagging in the opus client even though im getting 30 t0 40 fps on the clients, its not like its trying to keep up its more like it skips along and not smooth like the main server, is that normal.

3. i cannot complete a flight without fsx crashing in the middle of me taking off or im about 20.000 ft in the air it crashes the whole system.

when i turn opus off on the client i can complete a flight , also if im on the gorund and just let the engines run for about 30 minutes 0r more no crashes what so ever , its just in the air when it crashes the system.

Im sure im close to getting this opus tweaked , im so close .

Thanks.............Robert

Hi Robert

Our recommended startup procudure detailed in the getting started (networkd PCs) guide is,

Run FSX/Prepar3D on all systems and FLY NOW or Load flight.

1. Run the FSXSERVER program.

2. Run all FSXCLIENT programs.

3. Check/reload Dynamic weather or Choose Weather Theme.

4. Start Flying.

I haven't tried running the clients as part of the FSX startup but you could try it.

You must reduce your target FPS on the server until the lag is removed. In other words tune your server FSX to suit your client(s).

The Live View Test option has been added to the FSXCLIENT program. Instructions are included within the server's help text. The client side Live View Test should be run first and is used to make sure your client system can cope with the changing position and attitude updates reported via its SimConnect interface. To run the test,

1. Close all Spy windows.

2. Pause your server system's simulator.

3. Open the Configure dialog on your client system.

4. Click on the Live View Test button.

5. Your aircraft should jump to 500 feet above the runway.

6. With all Test tick boxes ticked, click the Start button.

7. Your client display should now show relatively smooth changes in attitude without any major stutters.

8. You should be able to alter the Update Rate slider and see a fairly smooth motion for all rates.

Not sure what would cause FSX to crash, perhaps try lowering the FPS. Other causes of FSX crashes are usually memory problems or old drivers.

You can see a discussion about the Live View setup here,

http://www.simforums...2536_page4.html

Regards

Cheryl