Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

Experience X. Get it.

Alan,

For what its worth, I think you definitely conducted yourself in a respectful manner within this thread and I not sure what your apologizing about.

As far as some of the other content in this thread, in my opinion, it is childish, immature, and clearly illustrates how easy it is to hide behind a computer and disrespect others.

Alan I also agree with sargeski, I don't see how apology on your part is needed. I've seen this individual on other topics , I lurk here daily although my posts don't reflect it , I'm active on this site. The subject matter aside, and ones knowledge of the sim, computers etc the tone and belligerent responses of this person repeatedly is not in keeping with the way this forum has been conducted since I joined in 2005. They remind me of a young Michale Greenblatt actually! Maybe very knowledgeable and make valid points, however the vessel that they are delivered in is almost intolerable! Also to the OP, 'of coarse' is spelled 'of course'.

My two penneth worth.

Well, the result sounds hopeful. I'd love to hear some more feedback on the product from others. Might be in my shopping list soon.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

As far as some of the other content in this thread, in my opinion, it is childish, immature, and clearly illustrates how easy it is to hide behind a computer and disrespect others.

She's been accused of actually being a male, but if that doesn't sound like a teenage girl I don't know what does.

- Aaron

Great. I care this much.

So, you call of this "childish", and "Adolescent", and then you tell the mods to delete everything *except* your posts, because *everything* you say is right. Ya, I'm the "Adolescent" one here.

OK I feel the need to say something here - in the times I've been on this forum I've seen others suspended/banned for far less insulting remarks than the kind this user has repeatedly made. It makes me wonder why it's being overlooked. In another thread some user was (rightfully) suspended for making an insulting remark to another user regarding their age and experience. Can we apply the same standards here?

And before anyone says the obvious, I know my slate isn't entirely clean and I've been rightly and fairly warned about it. I will learn from it and conduct myself more appropriately in future...at least when I'm not feeling a tad goofy =D.

Anyhow to contribute something to this topic - this addon looks interesting but with all the other performance issues I'm having I'll probs be giving any advanced night-lighting a miss for now.

OK I feel the need to say something here - in the times I've been on this forum I've seen others suspended/banned for far less insulting remarks than the kind this user has repeatedly made. It makes me wonder why it's being overlooked. In another thread some user was (rightfully) suspended for making an insulting remark to another user regarding their age and experience. Can we apply the same standards?

I have to agree, this is horrible. It's more like a children's' game forum than AVSIM :-(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

So back in topic. What is the consensus on fps impact and or VAS impact? Was Scarlet supposed to get with the dev on some issue?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Alan I also agree with sargeski, I don't see how apology on your part is needed. I've seen this individual on other topics , I lurk here daily although my posts don't reflect it , I'm active on this site. The subject matter aside, and ones knowledge of the sim, computers etc the tone and belligerent responses of this person repeatedly is not in keeping with the way this forum has been conducted since I joined in 2005. They remind me of a young Michale Greenblatt actually! Maybe very knowledgeable and make valid points, however the vessel that they are delivered in is almost intolerable! Also to the OP, 'of coarse' is spelled 'of course'.

My two penneth worth.

A perfect sum up.

You FORGOT to throw in the ODD shout here and THERE. :rolleyes: :blink:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thank you for bringing clarity to the behavioural issues. I have just suspended Summer1 for 30 days and will keep her conduct under close review to see if that might redirect her attitude. If not, then perhaps she will need a longer vacation, or to be banned.

I hope this thread can now proceed forward in an adult fashion.

Kind regards,

There is no Fps issues. I have tested it on 3 different systems now

Hello

You must really like it to have purchased three licences

Respect is something that is earned, not demanded! -_-

Experience X looks great, but operating at high settings will decrease performance. If you're willing to compromise, you might enjoy the way the night lights look.

As has been noted, these lights do not work with photo sceneries, unless they are custom made by the dev. This add-on is also incompatible with ORBX.

I've removed the add-on and I've decided to wait for FTX Global.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

One thing - this addon generates lightpole objects as autogen. Apart from the slight FPS hit (5-10%) there is a problem with lightpoles that are placed on taxiways and incredibly close to the runways at some default airports (EDDM in my tests). I've contacted developer about this problem. The best thing to do is to completely remove them, addon doesn't need them during daytime, and you can't see them during the night. Or they can add an option to remove them.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Guys, I appreciate the support but will only say that a dispute requires at least two parties. I could have reacted differently, or chosen not to react at all. Therefore I think an apology for my side of it is still in order.

Back on topic... clearly, the fact that the lights are treated as autogen creates some management problems (and also some unusual behavior - I found the fade in/fade out a bit strange, though you could get used to it). One of the challenges is that, unlike conventional autogen, it's not possible to change light densities or sizes in-game. One of the points Nick makes in his "different scenarios, different settings) thread on Simforums is that it's sometimes necessary to change autogen levels on the fly - say, when you're transitioning into an urban area. The lights make that harder to do and as a result, you probably need to set lower autogen levels than you normally would in order to accommodate them. In an ideal world, light settings would be directly tied to autogen settings, though that's clearly asking a lot of any developer.

Beyond that... as with all things autogen, your willingness to work with the lights (and the resulting framerate hit in certain settings) is probably determined by how and where you fly. As I 've noted in many other threads, I spend a lot of time in helos and other low-flying VFR aircraft in urban and suburban locations. To suit my tastes, I usually set autogen at very dense, and trade off other settings to get smooth performance. When I fly at altitude, I often turn down the autogen to dense or sometimes normal. At those settings, the lights would be less of a performance problem... and they'd probably look better than they do at 1000 feet AGL.

All in all, I'm happy with the GEX night textures. I never could get the UTX lights to look right, and don't use them. The Experience X lights are the best-looking night lights I've seen in FSX, but for me they're not worth the hassle.

Now, if somebody could get FSX lights to look and perform like X-Plane 10 lights, I'd be all in. Yeah, I know, it's a different approach altogether. But I can dream...

Respect is something that is earned, not demanded!

Agreed. But a certain baseline level makes for a better forum.

Could someone please explain what the Experience X GEX hotfix actually does and is it compatible with the very latest version (2.30 I believe) ?

Regards

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I've removed the add-on and I've decided to wait for FTX Global.

+1